I’m glad they saved your leg least, vascular damage is no joke though

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to sprain my right one quite often.Never could skate when i was growing up.
I was working on a road job servicing the equipment was one of my jobs.Filling up a scraper with fuel,as i finished i jumped off and landed on the fuel hose with the inside of my foot,twisting my right ankle.Major pain but i was being paid to work.
After my shift the foreman comes up and askes if i would like to pull a double as the water truck driver wasn't around.Sure i said as i headed to my camper to get ready for another shift.Ended up working on and off for 3 shifts befor i got to sleep.Needed money was renovating a house that i was shacked up in.
Woke up with a basket ball sized ankle,told to take a week off.Took 3 weeks or so before i could walk or work so i had lost the job as it was the end of the season.
The good thing is i have not sprained it again. It flops over very easy if i step on a rock on the inside of my foot but no pain.
I wear good work boots now.
That was in 86,was young and bullet proof. Back then there was lots of pain killers in the camps.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pretty much live in 8” boots whenever I’m on my feet due to twisting my ankle so many times. But on Tuesday I did something that’s gonna set me back for a bit. I peeled my big toenail partially off by whacking it on the bed frame when I was putting my long underwear on. I’m not sure if it’s going to reattach or come off. Trying to keep it covered and clean so I don’t catch it on something & tear it completely off. Can’t put my boots on currently due to the pain. Hopefully it will calm down in a day or so.

Attachments

• BDF176AC-20FC-4B04-AEF4-B3DADFFC8E37.png
    BDF176AC-20FC-4B04-AEF4-B3DADFFC8E37.png
    585.1 KB · Views: 0

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to sprain my right one quite often.Never could skate when i was growing up.
I was working on a road job servicing the equipment was one of my jobs.Filling up a scraper with fuel,as i finished i jumped off and landed on the fuel hose with the inside of my foot,twisting my right ankle.Major pain but i was being paid to work.
After my shift the foreman comes up and askes if i would like to pull a double as the water truck driver wasn't around.Sure i said as i headed to my camper to get ready for another shift.Ended up working on and off for 3 shifts befor i got to sleep.Needed money was renovating a house that i was shacked up in.
Woke up with a basket ball sized ankle,told to take a week off.Took 3 weeks or so before i could walk or work so i had lost the job as it was the end of the season.
The good thing is i have not sprained it again. It flops over very easy if i step on a rock on the inside of my foot but no pain.
I wear good work boots now.
That was in 86,was young and bullet proof. Back then there was lots of pain killers in the camps.
When I twist it I learned to just fall. Helps