heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with the two part epoxy (with flakes) around machine tools and/or welders? I have epoxy on my current shop and while it cleans up nicely, it does seem to scuff when I am running the lathe or mill and get a lot of chips and shavings on the floor. Of course I can just leave it bare but I know it will get stained from the oil, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have experience with the two part epoxy (with flakes) around machine tools and/or welders? I have epoxy on my current shop and while it cleans up nicely, it does seem to scuff when I am running the lathe or mill and get a lot of chips and shavings on the floor. Of course I can just leave it bare but I know it will get stained from the oil, etc.

Thanks,

Mark
I'll PM you my number I have a whole lot of exp in industrial coatings. Have done a bunch of floor coatings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks,

Mark

I'll be interested in what the bet solution is. I was trying to decide how to finish the floors in the shop I'm going to build as well.

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks,

Mark

Working on details to build a 20k sq. ft machine shop and we are likely going to have polished concrete rather than any coatings. Just something you might look into. Project is looking great!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Thanks,

Mark

Ill get some pics and ask my boss what are floor at work is covered with at the print shop. Its pretty tuff stuff and cleans nicely.

TALLGUY

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My company has coated floors and we are currently bidding to grind them and apply sealer. Coating is just over 10 years old. It is worn off and turned yellow in lots of places. Office chairs tear up the coatings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been busy of late including some travel again. I need to stop by tomorrow and see what happened this week while I was out.

Prior to that...gas meter is now in place and the boiler is running....

20190408_145507.jpg
...electrical power is connected and the meter is plugged in...

20190408_145513.jpg

...weather was nice last week so the builder's crew was busy adding the "eyebrow" on the end of the roof addition...

20190408_145533.jpg

...plumbers, electricians, and HVAC crew were busy at work trying to finish up so the drywall installers could get back to work...

20190408_152425.jpg

Mark

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had the epoxy floors at work. The epoxy is surprisingly tough and wears well in traffic areas (forklifts, movers). In oily and contaminated areas like the shop it eventually became stained and worn through where there was traffic and swarf, but this took a few years to happen. The welding shop was not coated and I assume slag from welding and cutting would leave burn pits in an epoxy floor.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The "eyebrow" over the rear entry is almost finished.

20190413_073053.jpg

The drywall crew was active while I was gone last week.

20190413_073211.jpg

20190413_073321.jpg

I am hoping they will finish hanging drywall and get the mud crew started in the coming week.

Mark

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To me as an European it is kinda weird seeing this building come together. o_O
I am used to see concrete and brick buildings emerge out of the ground.

Now I know how the actors in US movies manage to punch through walls or at least holes into them. ;)

I am anxious to see the building finished and stuffed with saws. :)