High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

UPDATE ! Rookie Build , 181 Ugly Duckling Work Saw

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If ass monkey garage built saws they would have air ride av or variable valve damping av. A turbo next to the bar,eldelbrock fuel injection a shiny A.R. mag bar nose wheel

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Exactly. The pistol-waving ape may be along to remind us that if those grooves aren't too severe, they'll fill with carbon and be just fine.

Wanna part with the other? I gots a couple bottom ends to stuff that on.

My plan is to get the saw running with the 54mm top and send the 52mm along with it when it goes. I will let the "pistol waving ape" use his knowledge and experience to decide if it's useable or not.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Cases all cleaned up, new crank seals and oil pump O-rings. I wish I had the time and means to split the cases and replace the bearings but I don't. They felt good, no play, no tell tale clicking, but they will get replaced later.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I skipped a bunch of steps in the interest of time, but here it is. All new OEM crank seals, oil pump O-rings, fuel line, filter, and grommet, clutch bearing, piston pin bearing, 288 top end,carb rebuilt, fuel governor bypassed, base gasket, half wrap handlebar, I made gaskets for every intake tract junction and put a cherry on top. Lol Slapped on a 20" bar I had for another saw and a fresh loop of Stihl RSC. Fueled up with VP 40:1 canned premix and ready to test and tune.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That 181 jug has a wide flat squish band........sorta like the way we make em on the lathe. Coincidence? I doubt it.
You think somebody already turned it @Mastermind ? There's a few things on this saw that lead me to think it was somebody's toy at one time.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You think somebody already turned it @Mastermind ? There's a few things on this saw that lead me to think it was somebody's toy at one time.

No. I was just noting the similarities...

Keep in mind that the 181 is a beast in stock form.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Off to the woods, this should work for a break in, hard maple that's about 24" at the base. I would like to get a few tanks through it before it leaves.
image.jpg
Now I'm getting a bit nervous, pressure and vac tested before heading out. Half a dozen pulls and it fired, sounds like a monster. Tuned it up as fat as Mary's sister just to be safe and in the wood it goes.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where did you get the UNI filter?
Amazon, I typically like to support the local bike shop. But they would had to special order it, told me it would take two weeks, and the price was twice as much. Bought it from Amazon and it was here in 2 days.