High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Trees you've cut

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When I do a clear cut I run a little different then most guys I figure on a pattern so I’m piling to my left with the bunches quartered in front of me. Depending on timber size how big the bunches and how far you’re reaching out but normally I’ll shoot for 30 feet on each side. I think the dangle or grapple saws really have some advantages in you’re moving around less to cut larger trees which can translate into less soil distribution as well. You’re only a few years behind me my first machine was at 28 it’s very enjoyable and rewarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guys definitely log a little differently up here than down where we are. Well at least at H&W for sure, lol. Much more mechanical here, so I’d say I’m definitely trying to figure out how they want the timber fell, how to get the machine into the back to get started, and figuring out how to maximize my cutting swaths with this “steeper” and slightly broke up ground while keeping my tracks where they need to be is my biggest struggles at the moment.
It’s definitely a really unique and great opportunity I have had to be able to get this machine. Hopefully I can get established up here, and then get jobs in my locale, and be able to be home every night.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys definitely log a little differently up here than down where we are. Well at least at H&W for sure, lol. Much more mechanical here, so I’d say I’m definitely trying to figure out how they want the timber fell, how to get the machine into the back to get started, and figuring out how to maximize my cutting swaths with this “steeper” and slightly broke up ground while keeping my tracks where they need to be is my biggest struggles at the moment.
It’s definitely a really unique and great opportunity I have had to be able to get this machine. Hopefully I can get established up here, and then get jobs in my locale, and be able to be home every night.

Once you get into the swing of things, I think you'll have a good time with it and make decent money. I worked with a guy out of Myrtle Creek years ago that bought a buncher and ran it as an owner/operator. Later on he hired a second operator and they would stay pretty busy. I think he got out of it later and went to work for Greg over at Cascade Thinning after the machine got a lot of hours on it and he didn't want to swap out for a newer machine.

Are you gonna buy a lead sled so you can haul your machine around?

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Once you get into the swing of things, I think you'll have a good time with it and make decent money. I worked with a guy out of Myrtle Creek years ago that bought a buncher and ran it as an owner/operator. Later on he hired a second operator and they would stay pretty busy. I think he got out of it later and went to work for Greg over at Cascade Thinning after the machine got a lot of hours on it and he didn't want to swap out for a newer machine.

Are you gonna buy a lead sled so you can haul your machine around?

Having a lowboy is the only way to go the worst part is getting a driver and keeping everything up to DOT spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to drop a leaning, decayed, Black Cherry near the end of my Brother's driveway today.

It was a good opportunity to give him his new MOFO 462! He loved it, and it did all of the "non limbing" work.

Had to remove 3 Red Maples to give the Cherry a clear path to fall.

There are "before" and "after" pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_103459765_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201109_103459765_HDR.jpg
    500.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20201109_105347785_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201109_105347785_HDR.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20201109_114640360_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201109_114640360_HDR.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20201109_114658769.jpg
    IMG_20201109_114658769.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 42

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was this done for photo op Mike? You might need a longer bar...
cb5ac359e0cc04d383791edb74f5610e.jpg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dropped a decent size, but rotted, smooth bark hickory for a friend this afternoon. The tree was leaning, open on one end, and hollow!

I planned to drop it between two trees, but it did not go that way. Using my new (to me) MoparMyWay MS 661 w/32" 404 I put a small notch in it, then did a plunge cut (a la Mason) and went to cut the trigger (which was on both sides of the open hollow).

As soon as the tree started to move the right side up rooted and it got hung up on one of the trees and did not fall off the stump. So I cut another section off, first cutting from the top, inserting two wedges, then finishing from the bottom and it all came down just fine with the top of the tree breaking back a bit.

Since the tree was dead it did not have much top, but most of it was solid. Did some of the bucking with the 661 and used the MMWS 462 on the rest of it. Both saws impressed me, even in the solid parts of the Hickory you checked to make sure they were not hollow … they both cut that good!

No pics as the husband and wife team cleaned it up fast! They are both real nice people.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad got a new house which came with some kind of hardwood dropping rotten limbs everywhere. So, me and the Echo CS-500P out it on the ground for him. The main trunk was still very much alive and full of sap, but the Echo was up to the task no problem. I wanted to finish turning it into firewood but dad decided ripping out the kitchen was more important.

1111201531_HDR.jpg 1111201532.jpg

Anybody know what these shrooms are?

1111201610a.jpg

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dad got a new house which came with some kind of hardwood dropping rotten limbs everywhere. So, me and the Echo CS-500P out it on the ground for him. The main trunk was still very much alive and full of sap, but the Echo was up to the task no problem. I wanted to finish turning it into firewood but dad decided ripping out the kitchen was more important.

View attachment 266565 View attachment 266566

Anybody know what these shrooms are?

View attachment 266567

Just curious what’s up with that back cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk