Trees you've cut

Hulsty

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a lot of wind here lately and the council left a large amount of timber behind, father in law and I chopped it up the his firewood. First chance to use my 28'' bar on my 7901, was surprised how hard it pulled with the bar buried. This is about half the timber we scored.

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_173822.jpg
    IMG_20201026_173822.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20201026_191135.jpg
    IMG_20201026_191135.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 44

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if they can ship any of that overseas? I'm guessing not. They'd probably have to float it for a while to clean up some of the ash.

They aren’t floating anything up here anymore, my bet is they’ll debark them and try to ship it overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Congratulations I see it has some steep ground shoes or rock tillers on it, did you buy the tail hold too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No anchor machine for me...I’m having a hard enough time on the learning curve on this. Mostly figuring out how to get the machine into the unit and get started and so on. But after talking to some guys working for Bruer’s, I feel a little better. They say it is definitely the hardest machine to run overall with all the challenges involved. A lot different than the danglehead. Particularly since I am now an owner/operator. Exciting, very challenging and stressful at the moment, but hopefully enjoyable and rewarding in the long run.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No anchor machine for me...I’m having a hard enough time on the learning curve on this. Mostly figuring out how to get the machine into the unit and get started and so on. But after talking to some guys working for Bruer’s, I feel a little better. They say it is definitely the hardest machine to run overall with all the challenges involved. A lot different than the danglehead. Particularly since I am now an owner/operator. Exciting, very challenging and stressful at the moment, but hopefully enjoyable and rewarding in the long run.

When I do a clear cut I run a little different then most guys I figure on a pattern so I’m piling to my left with the bunches quartered in front of me. Depending on timber size how big the bunches and how far you’re reaching out but normally I’ll shoot for 30 feet on each side. I think the dangle or grapple saws really have some advantages in you’re moving around less to cut larger trees which can translate into less soil distribution as well. You’re only a few years behind me my first machine was at 28 it’s very enjoyable and rewarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

logger nate

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm going to guess by the looks of the front legs that the deer was taken by the vehicle?

Nice shed, I found a decent whitetail shed in the Spring when hiking with my daughter. It was mostly hidden by leaves.
He shot it, just over the ridge from where I was cutting. He was in the process of cutting legs off, gutting, skinning when he took the picture.