Trees you've cut

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have spent a lot of time in the UK and you summed it up pretty good right there. Everyone is super tense and acts like they are driven by a motor, no time to slow down and smell the fresh air.
Ireland looks like the UK but the people are quite different, and there are less of them. You will often see two tractors stopped on a road with the drivers having a chat.

I spent 6 months in Dorset(and there's a thread in another site about the time that still gets updates to the day). During that time, I also had the chance to travel up in to Somerset and east in to the outskirts of London. I worked with a predominantly English crew, and two Welsh lads. They were all very good men, and I cherish what I learned from them, and the time we spent together. Since we were mainly out in the country, I found folks friendly and more relaxed than in the cities. The UK has a much, much higher population density than Ireland does - even out in the countryside, and the pace is breakneck compared to Ireland.

Life is slower paced here. You have to have patience if you are in Ireland, and the locals are very patient. It's a pastoral country, by both meanings. Old school. Old ways. Steeped in traditions and history. Deep in soul and feelings, which show in it's people and it's language. Modern capitalism and it's EU membership are slowly and surely chipping away at it, and the Ireland today is already different from the Ireland I first knew back when I visited in the 90's. But, still, it's very easy when you are out in the country to feel like everything else is far away and in a different time. I often find myself in front of one of our verandas, just taking it all in.

One of my favourite places local to me near the estate I work has a small unassuming door behind the shop counter. When the bar is open, the counter top will be flipped up at the end there. When you go through the door, there is a small room with a bench that lines the wall. To the other side is a small bar. It will seat maybe a dozen people, but never has that many. It feels like a speakeasy. If you aren't local, you wouldn't really know it's there. Though, I suspect there are a good many other shops like this throughout the country.

158205208.tQ6kcX6k.jpg

167381875.ymbekW78.jpg

167381859.aGOMYucZ.jpg

167381054.JxnuKvdL.jpg

Last edited:

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
10:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent 6 months in Dorset(and there's a thread in another site about the time that still gets updates to the day). During that time, I also had the chance to travel up in to Somerset and east in to the outskirts of London. I worked with a predominantly English crew, and two Welsh lads. They were all very good men, and I cherish what I learned from them, and the time we spent together. Since we were mainly out in the country, I found folks friendly and more relaxed than in the cities. The UK has a much, much higher population density than Ireland does - even out in the countryside, and the pace is breakneck compared to Ireland.

Life is slower paced here. You have to have patience if you are in Ireland, and the locals are very patient. It's a pastoral country, by both meanings. Old school. Old ways. Steeped in traditions and history. Deep in soul and feelings, which show in it's people and it's language. Modern capitalism and it's EU membership are slowly and surely chipping away at it, and the Ireland today is already different from the Ireland I first knew back when I visited in the 90's. But, still, it's very easy when you are out in the country to feel like everything else is far away and in a different time. I often find myself in front of one of our verandas, just taking it all in.

One of my favourite places local to me near the estate I work has a small unassuming door behind the shop counter. When the bar is open, the counter top will be flipped up at the end there. When you go through the door, there is a small room with a bench that lines the wall. To the other side is a small bar. It will seat maybe a dozen people, but never has that many. It feels like a speakeasy. If you aren't local, you wouldn't really know it's there. Though, I suspect there are a good many other shops like this throughout the country.

158205208.tQ6kcX6k.jpg

167381875.ymbekW78.jpg

167381859.aGOMYucZ.jpg

167381054.JxnuKvdL.jpg

The land down there in Tip is so much more green and lush than up here. Everything is hilly and full of rushes here with streams and big waist deep drains separating every field.

I have spent a lot of time in rural Wales over the years. Everything is go go go there, no one stops to chat and most people dont even know their neighbours on a first name basis. And they consider that normal.
Here where we live we consider people who live five miles away to be neighbours.

You are right about modernity slowly chipping away at traditional life though. There are a lot more people who have nothing to do with each other nowadays due to commuting to work and the internet. Mass attendance is way down and there are probably only half as many pubs as there were 20 years ago. Not to mention dance halls, local theaters, trad groups or horse and cart races.

logger nate

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Do they make an an XPGW or did you make it an XPGW?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk
They place I ordered mine from didn’t, had to buy the heated wrap handle and put it on. As far as I know Husky isn’t selling saws with wrap handle installed any more , without heat or with.