Country flag

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You dropped it in the street on purpose?!?!?!?!

If so, I like your style :)

Ya know, I had no idea how odd that is, until this tree. Lol A couple FHC members commented on it as well. We drop trees into the streets often. I took out a tree for the Mayor's son a few years ago and that sucker blocked 2 roads and an intersection for an hour or better. We don't have enough traffic for it to be a big deal.

But yes, I intentionally put it in the street. We had a pretty stout NW wind and there was a smaller locust tree straight south and I didn't want to risk busting off branches, since it is the last tree (other than a cedar tree) left in their rock island thingy. So, in the street it went. It wasn't in the road long. Within a few minutes we had the street swept and everything in the driveway and gutter.

That's just how we roll out here.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya know, I had no idea how odd that is, until this tree. Lol A couple FHC members commented on it as well. We drop trees into the streets often. I took out a tree for the Mayor's son a few years ago and that sucker blocked 2 roads and an intersection for an hour or better. We don't have enough traffic for it to be a big deal.

But yes, I intentionally put it in the street. We had a pretty stout NW wind and there was a smaller locust tree straight south and I didn't want to risk busting off branches, since it is the last tree (other than a cedar tree) left in their rock island thingy. So, in the street it went. It wasn't in the road long. Within a few minutes we had the street swept and everything in the driveway and gutter.

That's just how we roll out here.
That's awesome!!!!

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve done it depending on traffic.

Yeah, we have 250 people in town here, so it's no biggie. There was only 2, or 3 people that came down that road in 3 hours and 1 was my buddy, who's tree it was.

People just stare and go around, even if they do drive down the road. Lol

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, we have 250 people in town here, so it's no biggie. There was only 2, or 3 people that came down that road in 3 hours and 1 was my buddy, who's tree it was.

Some drive by just to rubber neck.

Depending on the tree it can punch a hole in the pavement. The hotter it is, the more soft it is.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Population 45 near where I live, a few summers back, I dropped 3 big elms, right in the street (which is gravel) there wasn't any other place to lay them.

I think about half the town was sitting in lawn chairs, or sitting in their cars watching the show.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some drive by just to rubber neck.

Depending on the tree it can punch a hole in the pavement. The hotter it is, the more soft it is.

True on both accounts. Most our roads are gravel with a few asphalt, and the rest of this street is concrete. I definitely factor that in when making a decision. 👍🏻

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Population 45 near where I live, a few summers back, I dropped 3 big elms, right in the street (which is gravel) there wasn't any other place to lay them.

I think about half the town was sitting in lawn chairs, or sitting in their cars watching the show.
Lol Yep, that happens too! The Mayor's sons tree, I had a half dozen cars at the ends of the roads, just sitting there watching. It doesn't take much to bring some excitement to these small towns.

The other thing about some folks, they don't want their yards tore up by trees falling in them, or sprinkler systems are a concern sometimes and other things. Throwing them out in the street is often times the best option.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20230419_132837.jpg
That's the crew! Monster double poplar. We dropped 4 poplars, 5 dead ass ash, 2 dying oaks. Big Jim on the left, the owner Charlie on the stump, and my home boy Oswaldo the climber on the right. He's a beast. I'm camera groundie biotch 🤣

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Country folks are fine. City people? 🤬
I volunteered with the MD park service to help clean up the ncr trail after the big storm near Xmas. People were psycho fcktards. One lady climbed under a tree bridged across the trail while a ranger was undercutting it. Yes. She limbo'd a tree that was being cut. The guy responsible for traffic on the other side had his back to her... I couldn't make it OVER the tree in time. It was epic darwinism in action. She's still referred to as "limbo b*tch". Thanks to the ranger's (sawyer) head being on a swivel, he stopped the cut.