Trees you've cut

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It started life as a block face with a humboldt bottom, added a siz wheel into the right side almost all the way across allowing the butt to slide over past the old growth stump well the top was heading out for the lay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does it do most of the sliding on the remnants of the humblot angle skank?
I've used a swizwell ( spelling?) To persaud a big pine to the side ,but I have better luck just tuning the hing for the hard wood.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it do most of the sliding on the remnants of the humblot angle skank?
I've used a swizwell ( spelling?) To persaud a big pine to the side ,but I have better luck just tuning the hing for the hard wood.

The siz wheel end of the face is what allowed it to slip off to the right, the only thing left of the humboldt is where the chunk is sitting.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The siz wheel end of the face is what allowed it to slip off to the right, the only thing left of the humboldt is where the chunk is sitting.

Damned intelligent thinking sir. It landing onto that big stump could have resulted in shattered wood, or a big jump of the stem. Better to avoid both of those situations if possible.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the reason behind the weird looking back cut? That one is new to me.
Notch, bore/plunge set the hinge, drop down a bit based on lots of factors, then walk to the tractor and hit the winch. It's meant to be used with equipment when pulling, using this technique the tree will not set back if you have a little tension on the rope/cable, too much and it can break the holding wood and pull it over, side lean can cause the hinge/holding wood to break and the tree to go towards that side. Use with caution and practice with it before trying it in a risky situation as with anything else.
Here's what it looks like in action. This one was leaning away from me a bit, lots of room to the left(in back of the house), but any damage to the lawn would have been easier to see from the deck and it was close to the front for hauling the brush, also closer to the edge of the yard for blowing it off when finished.
The boy got attacked by the "snowflakes" :pancarta:.

Last edited:

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Notch, bore/plunge toast the hinge, drop down a bit based on lots of factors, then walk to the tractor and hit the winch. It's meant to be used with equipment when pulling, using this technique the tree will not set back if you have a little tension on the rope/cable, too much and it can break the holding wood and pull it over, side lean can cause the hinge/holding wood to break and the tree to go towards that lean. Use with caution and practice with it before trying it in a risky situation as with anything else.
Here's what it looks like in action. This one was leaning away from me a bit, lots of room to the left(in back of the house), but any damage to the lawn would have been easier to see from the deck and it was close to the front for hauling the brush, also closer to the edge of the yard for blowing it off when finished.
The boy got attached by the "snowflakes" :pancarta:.
Thanks for the video.