User ID
Reaction score

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
And then lets see how fast my European buddy can replicate it.... (now where did I leave that end mill ?)
Yes i know what exactly you want to tell me .................................:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

this tool , if someone give me dimensions .................. lets say about one and half hour

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My home made saw vise.

Saw Stand 1.JPG

Saw Stand 2.JPG

It now has a permanent place on my dedicated saw workbench.

Work bench w drawers.JPG

I keep the pressure and vacuum testing stuff in one drawer, pullers and special tools in the other. Both drawers have a lot more stuff in them now.

Vacuum pressure drawer.JPG

Puller drawer.JPG

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Splitters for Stihl and Jonsered.

Crank Shaft Presses.JPG

I have a small arbor press for certain jobs.

Bearing Installation.JPG

I modified an adjustable wrench for use as a clutch removal tool.

DSC06816.JPG

Needed it for the KMS4

DSC05585.JPG

I bought the bar rail closer from Baileys. Original cheap bearings broke but since replacing them with good bearings it has been working well.

IMAG1435.jpg

Mark

Last edited:

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have used a number of different chain vises, the fist one was a real (circular) saw vise.

Saw Vise 7.jpg

Once I wore out the mechanism in that one I made my own as you can see in the background above. I also have one of Mike's (Homelite 410) but can't find any photos right now.

I also have the breaker and spinner set from Baileys. I took me a while to figure out I had to skip the alignment key when using the breaker, I don't think I've broken a punch in two or three years now.

Spinner 2.JPG

The Tool Shop parts washer from Menards has been a great asset, I think I may be on the second pump now but I've been using mineral spirits all along.

Stihl parts 1.jpg

I have an old drawing file in the attic for storing gaskets and such. Not exactly a tool but a good way to keep a lot of parts organized.

DSCN4171.JPG

DSCN4173.JPG

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Princess Auto gear and bearing puller is not the most expensive but I find it serves me very well.

PICT0002.JPG

I used to use my table saw with a 10" sanding disc for truing up bar rails. Works great but does require you to clean out the sawdust before each use...or risk the consequences.

DSCN0098.jpg

I now have the unit from Baileys, nice to have it always available but I really liked the larger table and nice finished from the table saw w/disc.

IMAG1430.jpg

For grinding the bar groove I still resort to a table saw set up using the Bar Shop wheels. Not as precise as a real machine set up but I don't have to rescue too many bars.

DSC04756.JPG

DSC04755.JPG

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tool I made to remove the clutch from my SP118 (166)

DSCN2624.jpg

Timing tools for McCulloch, there is another for the large frame saws as well. I rarely use these and rely on the point gap to get the timing correct.

DSC01279.JPG

If you work on old saws you will eventually have to rescue a coil by replacing the spark plug wire, I found these "screw removal" bits to be the best tool for cleaning out the broken off stubs.

DSC05852.JPG

It is even a left hand rake so the last bit normally unscrews off the stud in the bottom of the receptacle.

DSC05853.JPG

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work on older stuff mostly, some can be pretty rough. From time to time I even have to resort to painting a few bits.

Parts washer again, clean solvent this time. It never looks like this for very long. If you pile enough bars in the bottom it becomes extremely stable.

DSCN4573.jpg

I have a cheap little USC that I occasionally use for carburetors and such. I am not sure it works all that well.

USC 2.jpg

Berryman's Chem Dip (0996) works pretty well for baked on carbon and such, leave it soak for a few days to soften the really thick deposits. I am still looking for a crock pot or slow cooker to try the heated purple power soak some have recommended.

DSC06667.JPG

For parts that are really nasty, I have a small sand blast cabinet. Long use in the summer months leads to sweat dripping off the arms...

DSC06589.JPG

For some jobs we take it outside with the portable blaster. I can get once used blasting grit from a local manufacturer so no problems with materials.

Sand Blaster.JPG

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My invention for painting in the shop last winter, my portable paint booth. I connected the exhaust to my shop dust collector and it works extremely well.

DSC07092.JPG

DSC06722.JPG

DSC06671.JPG

You know it's time to change the filter with the exhaust fan pulls the Gorilla tape off.

Again not exactly a tool, but I will never be without a can of Red Cote in the shop. One quart costs around $40 at O'Reillys and will do 6 or 8 tanks. Make sure they are very clean to start with and allow plenty of time for curing.

DSC07111.JPG

Mark

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Black Dog Chainsaw

Mak-Crazy
Local time
7:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is it for?
mike made one for me that was origionally just a 3 slot that works awesome for anything that has 3 bolts (set on 120*) to be pulled. Lots of older dolmar clutches and flywheels have that set up. I suggested adding the 4th slot to add more functionality for clutches and flywheels that are 2 bolt (180*). I have already used it on a couple dozen saws.

I will mention that saws like the dolmars with a hallow tip on either end of the crank tend to crack and brake if you use a pointed jack bolt instead of a blunted one. I just bought an extra jack bolt and have one of each depending on application.

Mike is the man with the plan and makes AWESOME tools. Just look at his chain vises and bar adapters!

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
7:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been using a heat gun for heating up cases for a while, it was a pretty slow process. So last week I picked up a toaster oven and all I can say is wow. I am able to put both case halves in there at the same time and set the temp and go onto other things. Way faster IMO and easier than a heat gun.

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have been using a heat gun for heating up cases for a while, it was a pretty slow process. So last week I picked up a toaster oven and all I can say is wow. I am able to put both case halves in there at the same time and set the temp and go onto other things. Way faster IMO and easier than a heat gun.
I want to see a video ( including closing the case ) of this toaster method