DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another unusual detail is the closed airfilter-hood. Ususally there the rectangular area above the choke lever
is open to allow fresh air supply. Most 133 s even have 2 openeings in the back of the hood.
To have it closed like yours is more common on Sachs-Dolmar 143.
Here are my 143 (left) and 133 super (right) as you can see, the 143's fresh air is supplied by the cooling
vent thru an opening in the partition whereas the 133 super has 2 openings in the backside of it's hood
fresh-air-intake.jpg

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't these have something to do with cold weather operation vs warmer temps? Many of my Dolmars have reversible shutters to pull warm air from cylinder to prevent carb icing.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked this up a while ago…haven’t had a chance to play with it yet. Have heard really good things though.
View attachment 359403 View attachment 359404
Dibs when You realize they're crap and decide to give her away just to get rid of the junk piece of equipment!

Don't be fooled by false reports on these in the internet, Stihl is the only saw worth having.

... and now I wait. :icon_popcorn:

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't these have something to do with cold weather operation vs warmer temps? Many of my Dolmars have reversible shutters to pull warm air from cylinder to prevent carb icing.

No, warm intake air for cold weather operation is taken from the clutch-side of the cylindar after it had run through the fins not from the magneto-side before the air could have touched the cylindar.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dibs when You realize they're crap and decide to give her away just to get rid of the junk piece of equipment!
:icon_popcorn:
Dibs or not, give it to me as I live closer. I'd give it a good home for ya!

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, warm intake air for cold weather operation is taken from the clutch-side of the cylindar after it had run through the fins not from the magneto-side before the air could have touched the cylindar.
Good point here.

kanscruzer

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another unusual detail is the closed airfilter-hood. Ususally there the rectangular area above the choke lever
is open to allow fresh air supply. Most 133 s even have 2 openeings in the back of the hood.
To have it closed like yours is more common on Sachs-Dolmar 143.
Here are my 143 (left) and 133 super (right) as you can see, the 143's fresh air is supplied by the cooling
vent thru an opening in the partition whereas the 133 super has 2 openings in the backside of it's hood
View attachment 359356
So you’re saying the two holes in the back aren’t for tail lights,,, all my 143mx and 133supers have the two holes it might be a year thing . I have a 133s new style that I picked up with no hood so i don’t what style it had