Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will have to MM several saws once I set up the cast iron fireplace I got for some heat in my "shop".
Everything is ready, the fireplace has been repacked/serviced and the chimney hole is in the wall.

IMG_20220108_171430.jpg

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing I like about the older Dolmar is how even the smaller homeowner products looked like something you would be proud to own, not throwaway garbage.

I didn't see it this way until now but you made a good point!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Serious bucking will probably wreak havoc on a 1,3 kW saw. It ain't no power house, is it?
And I don't think it has overheating protection...
The electric motor is perfectly fine, my dad may have changed the brushes once or twice though.
The saws plastic case which literally holds the bar stud and pin is the weak spot, long term bucking heats up the bar, softens the plastic case and everything goes out of alignment.
As said, I was in my teen years - I had no clue how to sharpen a chain so that didn't help either, 3/8" LowProfile BTW.

From memory, the 1300W electric motor actually pulled through hard considering I was even bucking dry locust over twice the diameter of the saws 14" B&C.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been looking at the 56cc online. I don't have a local Makita dealer. Referring to this post, are they shutting down the Makita chainsaw line?
That’s the latest, I’ve read that they expect to stop making gasoline powered saws this year.

Last edited:

BrettL

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's too bad but given their lack of popularity in gas saws, it makes sense. Electric tools have always been their thing.

I was really looking at the 56cc saw. I wonder how parts availability will be.....

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's too bad but given their lack of popularity in gas saws, it makes sense. Electric tools have always been their thing.

I was really looking at the 56cc saw. I wonder how parts availability will be.....

That would be a real concern to me as well. People are already having trouble with parts for some of the 2000's models. Given that Makita is sick enough of Dolmar that they buried the brand and are now putting the gas powered line in front of the firing squad, I wouldn't count on parts support for very long.