High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

cuttinscott

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Never seen this on a 112 series. Does it fit over the bar studs?
It's a shipping spacer so sprocket cover would align straight for shipping purpose. Removed hundreds of that spacer throughout that era of Sachs dolmars

As for myself around a month ago I ended up in the hospital had to have two surgeries on my right foot for a infection. Spent ten days in hospital and am still sidelined healing and recovering. And watching medical bills come in daily. Good news is my visiting nurse says I'm healing faster than she's seen in her time changing wound vac dressings. Should hopefully be back in the swing of things soon if I behave as my nurse says.

Scott

FATBOY2017

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good boys, here were are again!

How thick is the block? About the same as a chainsaw bar? Could be a distance-holder
which was factory applied to keep the sprocket cover straight while the saw was in the box
and bar not mounted.
I think you're right! I have tried the plate ( it's made of seems like compressed card) onto a saw and it fits exactly over the bar studs and the lower hole goes over the chain adjuster. The plate is approx 4.7mm which would be slightly under a bar thickness, so this now makes sense as you suggest to simulate the bar position during shipping. The allen key must have been for a bolt to secure it into the bar guide plate fixing. Unusual to keep this but the guy was matriculate even making a bar cover from wood with securing hooks and straps, the saw came with 2 new spare Dolmar chains in waxed paper, bar looks original.

FATBOY2017

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you're right! I have tried the plate ( it's made of seems like compressed card) onto a saw and it fits exactly over the bar studs and the lower hole goes over the chain adjuster. The plate is approx 4.7mm which would be slightly under a bar thickness, so this now makes sense as you suggest to simulate the bar position during shipping. The allen key must have been for a bolt to secure it into the bar guide plate fixing. Unusual to keep this but the guy was matriculate even making a bar cover from wood with securing hooks and straps, the saw came with 2 new spare Dolmar chains in waxed paper, bar looks original.
sorry meticulous! not matriculate, it's too early for me at the moment!

I saw a lot

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an EA4300 but need to pull the top-end to see how bad the scoring is. Also have 6421, picked up last year. Need to find where the bar oil leak is. When I blow air in the hole for the oil adjuster, it spits oil out by the bar. Need to pull the clutch I guess.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an EA4300 but need to pull the top-end to see how bad the scoring is. Also have 6421, picked up last year. Need to find where the bar oil leak is. When I blow air in the hole for the oil adjuster, it spits oil out by the bar. Need to pull the clutch I guess.
On the 6421 oil leak issue, replacing the oil lines tends to solve it.
You need to pull the clutch and the pump.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Time for one of the more uncommon SACHS-DOLMAR saws:
SACHS-DOLMAR 271 electric chainsaw:
sd_271_front.jpg
sd_271_left.jpg
sd_271_right_wo_scabbard.jpg
sd_271_right.jpg
sd_271_sn-plate.jpg

This one actually is a rebadged Shindaiwa saw. At the time being there were three very similar models of Shindaiwa saws sold as SACHS-DOLMAR: 200, 260 and 271.
The saws differ in power, with the 271 being the strongest and details of the exterior design, e.g. the wrap handle's mounting is different.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 251996
View attachment 251997
View attachment 251998
View attachment 251999
View attachment 252000

This one actually is a rebadged Shindaiwa saw. At the time being there were three very similar models of Shindaiwa saws sold as SACHS-DOLMAR: 200, 260 and 271.
The saws differ in power, with the 271 being the strongest and details of the exterior design, e.g. the wrap handle's mounting is different.
Very nice!
I like the slim profile. Seems as it would be handy to operate.
How do you like it?

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 251996
View attachment 251997
View attachment 251998
View attachment 251999
View attachment 252000

Very nice!
I like the slim profile. Seems as it would be handy to operate.
How do you like it?