High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

DOLMAR/MAKITA The Official Sachs Dolmar Dolmar Makita Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't pay attention the newer one doesn't come with a high idle button...
It has a different version carb that works like most Husq saws ...pull out choke sets a detent arm for high idle and then trigger pull cancels it.
IPL info for AUS in case yours is a AUS model.
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 16.07.20.png

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has a different version carb that works like most Husq saws ...pull out choke sets a detent arm for high idle and then trigger pull cancels it.
IPL info for AUS in case yours is a AUS model.
View attachment 227025
Mine has limiters. And the limiter spine is kinda stripped not engaging the mix screw. There's another odd problem the fuel line seems to shrinked a bit, fuel leaks. But she's a shelf queen I'm not too bothered.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mine has limiters. And the limiter spine is kinda stripped not engaging the mix screw. There's another odd problem the fuel line seems to shrinked a bit, fuel leaks. But she's a shelf queen I'm not too bothered.
The fuel line ...Likely as not due to its age , 14yrs . Wonder if it ever had any fuel in it other than at factory.
Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 16.50.14.png

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm the first one that gas and oil it. Sounds pretty quiet, muffler must be restricted.
Not much of a exit hole and just a cage baffle inside. Easy to open some of the cage holes from the entrance and open the exit hole from the outside without cracking open the muffler. Keeps things stock looking.
Photo1481.jpg

Photo0729.jpg

Last edited:

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today's finding: SACHS-DOLMAR 120 super, running.
sd_120_super-1.jpg

Overall condition quite OK, needs work, e.g. recoil's not very well working, some parts missing.

sd_120_super-2.jpg

As usual, the additional fuel pump went AWOL and was replaced by some kind of screw to close the hole in the tank's wall. I have a source for replacement.

sd_120_super-3.jpg

As noted, overall state is quite good

sd_120_super-4.jpg

even the fuel lines for the starter pump are still there so chances are, the special check-valve might also be there.

(Edited some ugly typos)

Last edited: