The Official Farming Thread...

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did that make a nice boom? Last time I had one do that, I about had a heart attack.
I wasn’t there when it let go. It was on a wagon pulling seed bean. 😂 got that phone call. Told him drag it to me. If I had to I have a couple spare rims. Didn’t hurt the rim any.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my friend called & wanted me to spray some trees & brush in his pastures. I get there & he doesn’t have enough dope for more than 1 tank & he tells that he thinks he has some at the other farm. So I start digging around & this is what I found. I just cracked up.

View attachment 380256

I told him I hadn’t seen a jug of Lasso in 40 years & it’s probably been 25-30 years since I have seen a jug of Banvel. Needless to say he needs to buy some more Pasture Guard & Grazon.

I am trying to get the Banvel ( dicamba) from him since it works well with Grazon for Eastern Red Cedars.
What was Lasso used for? I can’t find a lot of info on the web other than “anti herbicide” propaganda.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my friend called & wanted me to spray some trees & brush in his pastures. I get there & he doesn’t have enough dope for more than 1 tank & he tells that he thinks he has some at the other farm. So I start digging around & this is what I found. I just cracked up.

View attachment 380256

I told him I hadn’t seen a jug of Lasso in 40 years & it’s probably been 25-30 years since I have seen a jug of Banvel. Needless to say he needs to buy some more Pasture Guard & Grazon.

I am trying to get the Banvel ( dicamba) from him since it works well with Grazon for Eastern Red Cedars.
I’ve had good luck with Crossbow

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What was Lasso used for? I can’t find a lot of info on the web other than “anti herbicide” propaganda.
Mainly Grass & some broadleafs.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had good luck with Crossbow
I mixed up a tank with some Grazon & Crossbow today. I will see how it works. Rick is pretty set in in ways about doing stuff & doesn’t like changing things up.

I normally use 3pint of Pasture Guard, 2 pint of Grazon & 1 pint of crop oil per tank (25 gallons ) for multi flora rose, Osage, Honey Locust & other brushy stuffs for him.

Today was 3-1/2 pint of Grazon & 1-1/2 pint of Crossbow & 1 pint of crop oil.

He has another brew for thistles, I prefer a one pass method but he has his ways so I do as he wants. At $60 hr, I can make two trips. Lol.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mixed up a tank with some Grazon & Crossbow today. I will see how it works. Rick is pretty set in in ways about doing stuff & doesn’t like changing things up.

I normally use 3pint of Pasture Guard, 2 pint of Grazon & 1 pint of crop oil per tank (25 gallons ) for multi flora rose, Osage, Honey Locust & other brushy stuffs for him.

Today was 3-1/2 pint of Grazon & 1-1/2 pint of Crossbow & 1 pint of crop oil.

He has another brew for thistles, I prefer a one pass method but he has his ways so I do as he wants. At $60 hr, I can make two trips. Lol.
Neighbor sprayed some multiflora rose in the fence rows with DuraCor and it seemed to do a good job with them. We are hitting thistles and nettle right now so I need to look into getting some as well so I can get some spraying done.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Baler trouble fellas. I have a hesston 5540 from the 80s. I've done a lot to it over the last few years, and hate to give up on it. Parts are tough to get here though. Any of you guys know where any of these are that are being parted out? It makes a 4x6 bale. The upper roller was spinning on the bearing and ruined the end. I need a roller tube for it.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 380256

@JimBear haven't seen Lasso for years I think the green lobby stopped it over about 25+yes ago

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Baler trouble fellas. I have a hesston 5540 from the 80s. I've done a lot to it over the last few years, and hate to give up on it. Parts are tough to get here though. Any of you guys know where any of these are that are being parted out? It makes a 4x6 bale. The upper roller was spinning on the bearing and ruined the end. I need a roller tube for it.
Not good!

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a pick of the roller? Probably can be fixed.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can get a measurement.

I’d try all states ag. They have dismantled Heston stuff

image.jpgElvis is pretty slick. I’d call him Monday morning. He’s a parts guy not just someone that answers the phone. I’ve dealt with him a couple times. Kept his card

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 380309Elvis is pretty slick. I’d call him Monday morning. He’s a parts guy not just someone that answers the phone. I’ve dealt with him a couple times. Kept his card
Good suggestion! I was going to mention them as well.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 380309Elvis is pretty slick. I’d call him Monday morning. He’s a parts guy not just someone that answers the phone. I’ve dealt with him a couple times. Kept his card

Good suggestion! I was going to mention them as well.

I’ll call around the junkyards I have numbers for here Randy and see what I can find
I just got home with Doyle's Vermeer. I'll get this stuff baled then get some measurements. Thank you fellas.

I think I need to bite the bullet and buy a newer baler....but still fix this Hesston and keep it for a backup.