The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
3:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I had a big barter ad on cl. Dude emails me “what do u have for old Homelites”. I assume he misread my ad which wasn’t organized 100% neat and politely clarified with him that old homelites were something I was willing to trade for, not what I had available, then he called me a dick and said he just wanted to talk about them cuz he collects them too

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2 cool finds
I’m seriously considering buying this Homelite xl pump, anyone here got one cheaper to sell me?
Next up is this NOS lawn boy trimmer, I’ve always wanted a lawn boy trimmer, the price is insane tho although if I had the money to spare I’d buy it, anyone got one cheaper I can buy in any condition?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
5:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a guy call on a tractor about 2 months back. He was coming out that afternoon. Never showed. He called two weeks ago and asked what my price was. I said it was the same and was not going down. He said Ok and hung up. Last weekend he called and left a VM saying he was not going to beat me up on price.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
4:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone in or close to Wasco California?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice saw for the money. It's got some good upgrades as well.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made a successful marketplace sale yesterday. Old man came and bought my abused MTD lawn tractor. He has another and will make 1 good one out of the 2. He was in his 80s and had FJB stickers on his modern Silverado. I tripled my money on the unit while selling it for only $75 which was his reasonable offer. I got to keep the front tires and battery. He was a nice guy and it was a particularly smooth marketplace transaction.

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Anyone in or close to Wasco California?

Nice saw for the money. It's got some good upgrades as well.
Those are attractive ads.

The EA5600 is a steal if she comes with that B&C setup.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jcarlberg

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I watch the local version of Craigslist religiously for saws. Was able to pick up an MS 201 this way this summer for a pretty good price.

Best I've seen around here was a few weeks ago; guy was selling a barely-used MS 170 plus some alkylate fuel, chain oil, a few other goodies for $160 Canadian (around $120 US). Common to see ppl who buy a saw for one job after they get an outrageous quote for tree removal and decide to DIY it. Tons of 450 Ranchers/etc advertised as "used a few times."

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I watch the local version of Craigslist religiously for saws. Was able to pick up an MS 201 this way this summer for a pretty good price.

Best I've seen around here was a few weeks ago; guy was selling a barely-used MS 170 plus some alkylate fuel, chain oil, a few other goodies for $160 Canadian (around $120 US). Common to see ppl who buy a saw for one job after they get an outrageous quote for tree removal and decide to DIY it. Tons of 450 Ranchers/etc advertised as "used a few times."
Makes sense when I see ads that state, used to cut one tree only. I always looked at that as a red flag thinking there must be something not quite right with the saw. I have found if I find a good deal I must pounce and impulse buy or it‘ll be gone. I was able to score a couple of saws this summer that way and have decent units at a fraction of the cost of new.