The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

Stihlalltheway

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to sell a lot of big, low value items on a local auction site here. It went away and I tried CL some. My sons said CL is for old people put stuff on FB. Well I did. What a bunch of whack jobs. In each ad I clearly put to phone or text me. All I get is the dipstick.......Is this still available..... What is so hard about reading.
If you put up your phone number in the description on Facebook it hides it, they make it so you have to use messenger

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you put up your phone number in the description on Facebook it hides it, they make it so you have to use messenger
I message back using messenger with my number.

No call, no text, clearly some sort of scammer

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to sell a lot of big, low value items on a local auction site here. It went away and I tried CL some. My sons said CL is for old people put stuff on FB. Well I did. What a bunch of whack jobs. In each ad I clearly put to phone or text me. All I get is the dipstick.......Is this still available..... What is so hard about reading.
I don't have a FB account so I use my wife's one to list stuff for sale. Instant block if you send the "Is this still available" message. Or they send codes or want to pay with some electronic payment. The ad says cash and I mean only cash.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have a FB account so I use my wife's one to list stuff for sale. Instant block if you send the "Is this still available" message. Or they send codes or want to pay with some electronic payment. The ad says cash and I mean only cash.
I am glad to see someone else has gotten those stupid ass messages...is this still available....

No chit Sherlock it is listed isn't it?

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I buy, trade, and sell on both FB and CL. I’ve had good luck and have made a lot of money doing it. There have been people that ask for the address after saying they’ll leave that afternoon, but after I give the address they change their mind, and there’s people that say they are interested but never respond to my respectful reply. Fortunately, I’ve surprisingly never had a no-show. Overall, I like both sites.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am glad to see someone else has gotten those stupid ass messages...is this still available....

No chit Sherlock it is listed isn't it?
or the "whats the lowest you'll take for it"
those ones piss me off, I always say "it all depends on how good you are" if you got what it takes to talk me down alot, show up with some cash and lets talk.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
those ones piss me off, I always say "it all depends on how good you are" if you got what it takes to talk me down alot, show up with some cash and lets talk.
I rarely have anyone send a message other than the "canned stuff" like "Is it still available" .

I had one guy this morning on FB say "I will have $600 CASH tomorrow and be in xxx town" I replied. "Well read the listing. The price is $800. Find $200 more and look where I live because it sure as hell is not xxx town.". I chuckled at how he/she/it thought CASH was supposed to impress me. I do not take turkeys on trade or for currency.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, if you wanna make me an offer, go ahead and make it but asking me to lowball myself is ridiculous. If it's listed for $1000 and you offer $800 that's one thing. But if you expect me to say "Oh, you know, I'd let it go for $500 I'm just asking $1000 for chits and giggles" you can gfy.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had someone ask on a item I had listed, "what's your bottom"

I took his question literately, and I sent him the picture I thought he was asking for.

He got offended by his lack of communication skills, and my ability to be a smart ass. . .

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a saw listed on eBay for $1000. A guy from Australia offered me $350 and wanted me to pay the shipping.
Now lets see......
The shipping was $258.64
The ebay fees were $52.50
So I am just an ole hick but on my scratch pad $350-$258.64-$52.50=$38.86
I said yep Ash (that was his name) sounds like a real weiner to me I am asking $1000 but chit yeah I will take $38.86
I still have those email eBay exchanges.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had someone ask on a item I had listed, "what's your bottom"

I took his question literately, and I sent him the picture I thought he was asking for.

He got offended by his lack of communication skills, and my ability to be a smart ass. . .

That is great!!! I might have to steal that for the next time I get an idiot........it will not be long.

That makes me think. Around the end of the week I will be listing a couple 200 lb anvils. I think I will put in the listing "I will not load, you must be able to pick up" I doubt the scammers will get my humor though.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, if you wanna make me an offer, go ahead and make it but asking me to lowball myself is ridiculous. If it's listed for $1000 and you offer $800 that's one thing. But if you expect me to say "Oh, you know, I'd let it go for $500 I'm just asking $1000 for chits and giggles" you can gfy.

I hate when people want you to throw out numbers for them, when you have a price listed. Like it's up to you to bid against yourself.

When people ask me such questions, I tell them, it's not up to me to spit out offers to you, until you feel comfortable, make me a reasonable offer based on my listed price or move on.

I often never hear back.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate when people want you to throw out numbers for them, when you have a price listed. Like it's up to you to bid against yourself.

When people ask me such questions, I tell them, it's not up to me to spit out offers to you, until you feel comfortable, make me a reasonable offer based on my listed price or move on.

I often never hear back.
I had a tractor priced at $5250. A guy said he could not afford that and did I have any cheaper. He was looking for something to run a 5ft bush hog. I said yeah I have for $750................I never heard a word.

I guess he bought a push mower.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I had a guy try that on here the other day. When I told him the price was in the listing he started getting wild with his capitalization. People.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is an add that amazes me. I have contacted the guy many times via messenger and he will not provide a location and contact number. He asked for mine, I gave it to him and he calls me a scammer.