Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm about 40 minutes from that 475.

I could be a broker if someone needs. All I ask is a chance to run it to see what the hype is about... LOL.
If its still there in a week, I might take you up on that. My Mother lives outside of Bellefonte, PA.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
1:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm about 40 minutes from that 475.

I could be a broker if someone needs. All I ask is a chance to run it to see what the hype is about... LOL.
The 288 is likely the better deal but you are way more than 45 minutes form it…

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder how many branz it is taking to completely ruin whatever is left of sleazebay.....
I feel the need to elaborate and see if others are experiencing the same nonsense....

I fish,....therefore I am
.....often finding myself perusing sleazebay for older used Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs.

Because of sleazebays sucky search algo, I cast a large a net as possible and just search Ambassadeur,........normally brings up 9,500 + results. I then typically hit the sort by lowest price plus shipping first......

Normally this pares the results down (frustratingly) eliminating "parts" in 99 cents plus shipping range, and only shows reels,... to the tune of maybe 1,200 listings.

The last couple weeks when I follow the same procedure,....I get 160 results starting at $80

Uhmmmm,....seriously?

...and if I start with highest first,.......thousands of results show,....requiring wending my way through, to get to about the 40th page, to find the price range I am looking for...each time needing to scroll to the bottom,...to only be able to skip three pages back,.....and repeat,....and repeat,.....and......

I AM TIRED OF CLOWN WORLD!....and it is all by design.

Have you experienced similar,....or am I being targeted?

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel the need to elaborate and see if others are experiencing the same nonsense....

I fish,....therefore I am
.....often finding myself perusing sleazebay for older used Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs.

Because of sleazebays sucky search algo, I cast a large a net as possible and just search Ambassadeur,........normally brings up 9,500 + results. I then typically hit the sort by lowest price plus shipping first......

Normally this pares the results down (frustratingly) eliminating "parts" in 99 cents plus shipping range, and only shows reels,... to the tune of maybe 1,200 listings.

The last couple weeks when I follow the same procedure,....I get 160 results starting at $80

Uhmmmm,....seriously?

...and if I start with highest first,.......thousands of results show,....requiring wending my way through, to get to about the 40th page, to find the price range I am looking for...each time needing to scroll to the bottom,...to only be able to skip three pages back,.....and repeat,....and repeat,.....and......

I AM TIRED OF CLOWN WORLD!....and it is all by design.

Have you experienced similar,....or am I being targeted?

I tried your search. If you click the category 'Sporting Goods' after doing the search it shows a lot more results, including spare parts.

Screenshot_20230925-071535.png

At first I got this message. eBay had automatically limited the search category to 'Sporting Goods - Fishing - Reels' which gives a lot less results. If you click the 'See More Results' link it will expand the results.

Screenshot_20230925-071621_kindlephoto-1684037920.png

I'm in the UK. Not sure if eBay works differently here?

SimonHS

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought occurred to me. Are you using the mobile or desktop version of eBay?

There is less functionality on the mobile version.

On my Amazon Fire tablet I can switch between the two versions by clicking the three dots at the top right.

Screenshot_20230925-113538_kindlephoto-1688890531.png

If you are searching with your phone it will default to the mobile version and you might get limited search options.

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought occurred to me. Are you using the mobile or desktop version of eBay?

There is less functionality on the mobile version.

On my Amazon Fire tablet I can switch between the two versions by clicking the three dots at the top right.

View attachment 391008

If you are searching with your phone it will default to the mobile version and you might get limited search options.
Desk top.

Member since '99

Yeah,....I know how to search for specific items......

sleazebay is doing the same as scamazon......and lootoob.

I can search something specific on lootoob, ...the algo gives about 5 results (3 of which I've already watched),....and then I'm inundated with bs that has nothing to do with my search criteria.....LOL....have you ever logged out and seen the average recommended garbage? That is what the world consumes.

Sleazebay and scamazon are kinda like a grocery that would put the eggs, milk, and bread at the end of a long winding maze of shelves, replete with turnstiles,....so you must walk past every item in the store (slowly,...ya might miss something) before you can get to the only thing you want to purchase.

....and the selected/censored results from google,....sheesh.

beast system sux,.....but most seemingly don't notice.

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
2:33 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i dont know about “rarest saw in the world” status haha but they are cool.