The Official Craigslist & eBay Thread

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 461 ad reads like seller doesn't know much about saws....blade, carbide, cut concrete - well, the chain looks like he tried to cut concrete - rough looking cutters. And he ain't going into detail! You just fork over a G and take saw! Maybe it's Rit dyed plastic...."The Shadow Knows"

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Good grief! It looks like rattle can Gloss Black on the plastics, based off of the "drips", and fugging Sharpie marker where the recoil badge was.

The "ad" reads like it was constructed by someone who barely passed there ESL (English as a Second Language) class the third time they tried.

cease232

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You'd think if you took the time to fabricate that story you'd put some effort into the saw. That paint job is chit and that wrap job is half ass. Some dumb ass will probably buy it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow. The 261 is a deal. The rest not so much

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look like they could be hot
I don't know if they're hot, (I doubt it, that kind of stuff gets dumped quickly)
But the guy is a liar when it comes to his pricing. Unless he pays way more sales tax than anyone else...lol. The PA sales tax is 6%. Even in Philadelphia it's a total of 8% and the price plus tax figures he's claiming do not reflect that.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if they're hot, (I doubt it, that kind of stuff gets dumped quickly)
But the guy is a liar when it comes to his pricing. Unless he pays way more sales tax than anyone else...lol. The PA sales tax is 6%. Even in Philadelphia it's a total of 8% and the price plus tax figures he's claiming do not reflect that.
I saw that thought I had a moment of duh and couldn't add. And the hot comment was coming from saw that clean and new ( on my phone here so might not be that good of picture) You think there would be a box still. Maybe thats just me hoarding boxes of the few new things I buy so I can prove it lol.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw that thought I had a moment of duh and couldn't add. And the hot comment was coming from saw that clean and new ( on my phone here so might not be that good of picture) You think there would be a box still. Maybe thats just me hoarding boxes of the few new things I buy so I can prove it lol.
Stihl saws never (ok, almost never) come with a box. The dealer unboxes them and you take the saw out the door sans box.

Which raises another point. If anyone wants to ship a saw, the Stihl boxes are robust and usually there's a pile of them somewhere near the trash at any Stihl dealer which can typically had for the asking.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl saws never (ok, almost never) come with a box. The dealer unboxes them and you take the saw out the door sans box.

Which raises another point. If anyone wants to ship a saw, the Stihl boxes are robust and usually there's a pile of them somewhere near the trash at any Stihl dealer which can typically had for the asking.
My dealer has no problem giving them to me in boxes. He was okay with knowing I was shipping them all out different places.
20170127_101607.jpg

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer has no problem giving them to me in boxes. He was okay with knowing I was shipping them all out different places.
View attachment 65651
Well, it's not "Stihl's" policy to do that but I guess as long as it stays quiet, it won't be an issue. Of course now that it's all over the world wide web...lol.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well, it's not "Stihl's" policy to do that but I guess as long as it stays quiet, it won't be an issue. Of course now that it's all over the world wide web...lol.
I had a few customers before Christmas buying saws as gifts. I put the saws together, fueled them up, started, tuned, emptied them out, and packed them back up.