Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Must be that manofstihl660 or whatever. Not the 661 guy in TX. The other one that got banned after his JMS shenanigans.

Ol nut swinger Brad, I remember that *b-word. He was in Georgia and farmed peanuts. I wonder how that saw got up where it is now?

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had a few, never had one like that lol.

Few years ago, I bought a few 460's & 660's off a tree guy, he swore up & down that 460 meant that they were 46 cc.

Something to the affect of.... I've been doing this for 35 years, I know my saws.

I grabbed one of the 460's out of my truck (I had just paid him for) pointed to the sticker on the rear handle, where it says "displacement 77 cc" told him that's a game changer huh?

He insisted it was a typo or misprint....he proceeded to tell me he knew without a doubt, 460 were 46 cc and 660 were 66 cc.

I told him yeah, them germans really know how to build a saw, cause husky can't build a 66 cc saw, that will pull a 36" bar....

He said yes, your right about that, that is why I only buy stihls.... :facepalm:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Few years ago, I bought a few 460's & 660's off a tree guy, he swore up & down that 460 meant that they were 46 cc.

Something to the affect of.... I've been doing this for 35 years, I know my saws.

I grabbed one of the 460's out of my truck (I had just paid him for) pointed to the sticker on the rear handle, where it says "displacement 77 cc" told him that's a game changer huh?

He insisted it was a typo or misprint....he proceeded to tell me he knew without a doubt, 460 were 46 cc and 660 were 66 cc.

I told him yeah, them germans really know how to build a saw, cause husky can't build a 66 cc saw, that will pull a 36' bar....

He said yes, your right about that, that is why I only buy stihls.... :facepalm:
I've heard a few stories like that, real knee slappers.
That's what makes that ad sound like a bunch of crap, that saw is probably hot to it's the guys sone listing it. I never saw it on CL in Chicago either which is many times what guys will do, it leaves a lot of questions in my mind.

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I told him yeah, them germans really know how to build a saw, cause husky can't build a 66 cc saw, that will pull a 36" bar....

Must be related to Brian from Florida....insistent to the end.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've heard a few stories like that, real knee slappers.
That's what makes that ad sound like a bunch of crap, that saw is probably hot to it's the guys sone listing it. I never saw it on CL in Chicago either which is many times what guys will do, it leaves a lot of questions in my mind.

I guess it is like this guy selling, new 462's on eBay for $743.13 US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-MS-462-C-M-50cm-New-Best-Price/132702342188?hash=item1ee5ad0c2c:g:dccAAOSwpe1bP-aj&_sacat=0&_nkw=stihl+462&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Feedback -1, he's "sold" a few 462's now, doubt anyone will actually get them thou.

I messaged him and asked if I bought 3 if he would cut me a better deal, he said no the price is already below retail. But he would try and give me a shipping discount after check out....if I bought multiple saws...

I'm going to sleep on it......o_O

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess it is like this guy selling, new 462's on eBay for $743.13 US

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-MS-462-C-M-50cm-New-Best-Price/132702342188?hash=item1ee5ad0c2c:g:dccAAOSwpe1bP-aj&_sacat=0&_nkw=stihl+462&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Feedback -1, he's "sold" a few 462's now, doubt anyone will actually get them thou.

I messaged him and asked if I bought 3 if he would cut me a better deal, he said no the price is already below retail. But he would try and give me a shipping discount after check out....if I bought multiple saws...

I'm going to sleep on it......o_O
So what is the point with scams like this, does he just hope someone is to busy to pursue making a complaint and he gets to keep the cash, these kind of people upset me.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what is the point with scams like this, does he just hope someone is to busy to pursue making a complaint and he gets to keep the cash, these kind of people upset me.

I'm not sure?

Last summer there was a guy in Louisiana selling new ms661's on eBay, way to cheap (IIRC they were $700 each NIB with 28" bar) I knew it was a scam, too good to be true.

He had his number in the ad. So I texted it. Told him I had a friend like 10 miles away and he could be there in a few minutes to pick up a few....

The seller called on the phone (with in a minute or so of my text) he told me PayPal only, I am not setup to receive cash at the moment.

I started laughing, and said I never thought you needed to be "setup" to receive cash.

He said if your friend is that close, and you can pay with PayPal, I will pay the shipping. He said I will text you my PayPal when we get off of the phone.

He called me a few hours later, said he had sold four of the 661's, and only had two left, so I should act fast.

I just laughed....

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you serious, it came from Louisiana, you have to know who it came from.
I'll say it wasn't Keith lol.

OK, I must be slow today...but I ain't stupid....o_O

John boy shows me a lot of the saws he builds, I don't have them all memorized...

Thanks for the bread crumb. I got it now. :D