The Nitro Fuel thread

lovin-J-reds

OPE Member
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dude...
-if u wanna make a stock saw run like a m-fer, then you need nitrous.
-if you wanna cut firewood fast, get ur saw ported.
-if you wanna race, you need something other than a 2050 bro.

Its all I got thats the *s-word saw. It was a parts saw and got all my parts and got it to run. I also dont want to spend $500 for a bottle

How about a turbo off a 1.4l 4 banger..
View attachment 332847

Might upset the balance though.

I would love to try a turbo on the saw but I can't find the right size, I'm thinking the GT0632SZ which is the smallest turbo Garrett makes but I think it to big?

View attachment 332856 Are you gonna be satisfied with three cuts then shutdown till its cool enough for three more? You are gonna need a plug that looks like this..no porcelain shows when viewed from the side. Short ground strap. Pick up a few.

Ya I was only gonna run the saw for a min then let it chill and try some more. Whats the advantage with that plug, what does it do?

Klotz makes a few different oils that are compatible with alcohol, nitromethane, and gas, but some of those oils do not mix with some gas only oils.

Remote controlled models run on methanol and nitro, so they make fuel line as small as you need and smaller. Silicone is what they use, but it will expand and disconnect from fittings if exposed to gasoline.

I feel stupid now, I never even thought about the rc fuel lines. I got a couple rolls of it. I need to find a castor oil to mix with methane

Thanks for all the responses

lovin-J-reds

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got the saw to run but it sounds like its running rich and lean at the same time. It revs sky high and doesn't want to idle but to get it to you have to tap the throttle and slowly bring it down from wide open to idle but it idles down really slow and then picks back up to a high idle. Not sure if it just fuel build up in the crank case or what or it mite even be the carb. Any help is greatly appreciated

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the saw to run but it sounds like its running rich and lean at the same time. It revs sky high and doesn't want to idle but to get it to you have to tap the throttle and slowly bring it down from wide open to idle but it idles down really slow and then picks back up to a high idle. Not sure if it just fuel build up in the crank case or what or it mite even be the carb. Any help is greatly appreciated
Running lean and getting hot.

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you backed the low needle out? Might have to almost fall out to be fat enough at idle. As for the top end you had better make it four stroke and go up from there not the other way around, back out the high all the way and see what it runs like. Probably have to drill out the high speed jet..

Michpatriot

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think once you get it sorted out you probably will find that it only cleans up in the cut under load.. If it cleans up just revving it, will be way too lean in wood.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put it in wood, it won’t shut down after, that means it’s lean. Lol

lovin-J-reds

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Running lean and getting hot.

Its gonna run hot since I don't have the top cover. I cant tune it with it on since I put a different carb on it

Have you backed the low needle out? Might have to almost fall out to be fat enough at idle. As for the top end you had better make it four stroke and go up from there not the other way around, back out the high all the way and see what it runs like. Probably have to drill out the high speed jet..

I drilled the hole to .055 and have both jets out to about 2 ish turns on both. I haven't cut wood with it yet as it is I've only ran it once and don't have much time due to work

I think once you get it sorted out you probably will find that it only cleans up in the cut under load.. If it cleans up just revving it, will be way too lean in wood.

I'll put it into some wood tonight. All I've done is rev it up in hand

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its gonna run hot since I don't have the top cover. I cant tune it with it on since I put a different carb on it

I drilled the hole to .055 and have both jets out to about 2 ish turns on both. I haven't cut wood with it yet as it is I've only ran it once and don't have much time due to work

I'll put it into some wood tonight. All I've done is rev it up in hand

Lack of top cover likely isn’t the reason it’s getting hot. Put it in wood, you’ll see what I mean.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Klotz apparently sells nitro propane in a small bottle for not that much. You can find it for sale online. I think a large portion of the jetting issue with rc fuel is all that methanol or ethanol. This would eliminate that being nitro propane mixes with gasoline as @drf256 said.

https://klotzlube.com/shop/ols/products/xn-nitro-power-additive-with-koolinal-8lb

The directions are pretty serious so you know it's got to be good.

• Formulated as an oxygenating power additive
  • Contains 50% Nitropropane, 50% Koolinal® as a blending and cooling agent

RODUCT TYPE: Oxygenating Power Additive

RECOMMENDED APPLICATIONS: 2 and 4-stroke stock and modified engines

BLENDS WITH: Gasoline, E85, Methanol, and E85

PART#: Pint - KL-600

1 Gallon - KL-640

DIRECTIONS: Blends with gasoline, methanol, and E85. Take several spark plug readings to verify jet settings and correct the spark plug heat range. A colder spark plug heat range is recommended.

4-Stroke Engines: Use 3 to 4 ounces of NITRO per gallon to start, jet sizing may need to be increased up to 4 sizes. High compression engines: retard timing 2 degrees. Ratios up to 12 ounces per gallon can be used with proper jetting. Heat constraints must be verified. 2-Stroke Engines: Use 2 to 4 ounces of NITRO per gallon to start, jet sizing may need to be increased up to 6 sizes. Higher ratios can be used but jetting and heat must be checked.

Last edited: