Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He put me and my older bro to work early no bludging on his watch lol

View attachment 377966View attachment 377967

This is him few years ago now in his early 60's..
He started out as a firewood cutter... For memory I think he said he was about 14 when he started had some old chainsaw a Danarm he said it was chit and slow as cutting and it would shock ya as the plug boot was right near ya hand lol..
Then got into the buzzsaws for firewood way faster than slow chainsaws back then.
And from there he moved onto cutting cordwood/ firewood with 090's he still reckons they are the best saw ever made.
He did try a big new McCulloch back in the day I don't know what model it was but he said it was not to his liking and he chopped it up with an axe after it wouldn’t start one day! not even joking LOL..
He's never owned a saw that run 3/8 he's only run .404 he's whole life, he calls a 066 or ms661 a little saw recons they run ok for little saws 90cc would be the smallest saws he's ever run lol...
Anyway he ended up working as a cutter for the big hardwood mills back in the day did that tell mid 80's ish.. He said some the old cutters he worked with at the start were from way back in the day when they used an axe and misery whip and worked in the bush their whole lives..
One old cutter he said would fall barefoot running an 090 he said his feet were like thick tough old leather lol...
He then got into sleeper cutting worked at it tell he owned a decent sawmill did that for a few decades and retired when he was about 70 and a millionaire.
Hard work does pay he is living proof and no his not all busted up worn out... In my 50 years I've never heard him once complain he's old or sore or buggered he just gets on with it. He still runs a saw most days and still sells firewood in his 70's I guess they don't make em like they used to...
View attachment 377968
View attachment 377971View attachment 377970
What a great inspiration and tough guy. Thanks for sharing, one of my favorite posts on this thread. 👌

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you have turned out quite well for yourself and you sound like a good Grandpa Randy. 👍
I can't imagine treating my wife and children the way my father treated his.

But....I had a fantastic mother. Smart, hard working, and with an excellent moral compass. I also have 4 older brothers who have been a great influence.

So I am still quite thankful for the family I have.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Man, I drove an F7, like the one in the last pic. It was anemic with just one steer axle and one drive axle. I can only imagine how slow the one in the pic must have been, especially in the hills. I assume there was a dual axle rear end on it?

yeah i know what you mean Sondre I drove a tipper and it was the wrong side of 200hp and plenty of
gear changes with that 8 speed with range change , light chassis good payload

another driver had a Dodge with Perkins v8 and 5 speed with Eaton two speed axle that was a flyer

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

rocketnorton

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
lotta machinery sunk in alberta muskeg
some get left there
was only witness to one - 235, sunk up to seat n goin down more everytime it tryed to move
somethin like that, done once motor gets in it

images

2 8s n winch truck were not nuff to pull it out