jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really have no idea what happens to it after it leaves the woods, always been curious.

Back in the day, if it was really tight grain, they'd make flooring or decorative beams out of it. Around here, they used it for filler
for engineered doors and windows, along with Cottonwood and Poplar.

Roseburg Lumber started making flooring out of Pacific Madrone here about twenty years ago, which was surprising, given how
tough Madrone is to work with. It makes beautiful flooring though if worked right.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back in the day, if it was really tight grain, they'd make flooring or decorative beams out of it. Around here, they used it for filler
for engineered doors and windows, along with Cottonwood and Poplar.

Roseburg Lumber started making flooring out of Pacific Madrone here about twenty years ago, which was surprising, given how
tough Madrone is to work with. It makes beautiful flooring though if worked right.
Probably going on thirty years ago when I was a millwright, helped take a transfer table out of Roseburg Lumber Mill in Roseburg. I tell ya what, those folks don't mess around when they build or have equipment built, it was about twice as heavy as anything you would find in any other sawmill, it was built to last. Had all we could do to get it lifted and loaded on a truck as I recall. Boss man had a little ranch in Azalea we could stay at from time to time between jobs, was nice country there and about thirty miles from anything no matter which way you went.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably going on thirty years ago when I was a millwright, helped take a transfer table out of Roseburg Lumber Mill in Roseburg. I tell ya what, those folks don't mess around when they build or have equipment built, it was about twice as heavy as anything you would find in any other sawmill, it was built to last. Had all we could do to get it lifted and loaded on a truck as I recall. Boss man had a little ranch in Azalea we could stay at from time to time between jobs, was nice country there and about thirty miles from anything no matter which way you went.

Very cool! In 1993, I was working out of Roseburg as a firefighter. I've cut timber around Azalea and one of my old timber cutting partners lives on Starveout Creek Road. I like that area a lot.

Yeah, the Roseburg Lumber boys didn't mess around back in the day. It was all about production - They'd process 100k board feet of finished lumber a shift at the Dillard Plant, not counting the specialty stuff.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy Friday friends. Had to throw a fishing picture from this morning before work 😁
My friend hauling out of Gates ,Or.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8864.jpg
    IMG_8864.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2645(1).jpg