The forestry and logging pictures thread

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its sometimes nessesary. particularly in this time, where most of the countrys in Europe had to relaiy on Russian Gas as a power source.
The only thing I dislike about it is, the distance, every country should be growing trees and processing them for
their needs, after all they are renewable, I also think there is a sinister side to what is happening with the companies
involved here, I think they are buying the land, my idea would be to never sell the land, keep it for the people,
and am not sure they are replanting again, which is absolutely critical for all sorts of reasons.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
4:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d like to. For now I’ll have to settle for “dude logging” tagging along with real fallers working for fun.
That’s how I got my start. Taking time off work to tag along with a local logger who taught me a lot. Then I would take off work to fell trees for my brother (he worked for a local logger for a couple winters while laid off and then went on his own) while he stayed in the skidder. Spending my vacation days working harder than I did at work! Lol But I couldn’t get enough of it.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s how I got my start. Taking time off work to tag along with a local logger who taught me a lot. Then I would take off work to fell trees for my brother (he worked for a local logger for a couple winters while laid off and then went on his own) while he stayed in the skidder. Spending my vacation days working harder than I did at work! Lol But I couldn’t get enough of it.
The main thing is switching to logging would mean walking away from a family business/legacy. Also 40s might be a little old, haha. Already have some trouble with my left arm and rotator cuffs. I’m not very good at taking it easy/careful but getting better.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The main thing is switching to logging would mean walking away from a family business/legacy. Also 40s might be a little old, haha. Already have some trouble with my left arm and rotator cuffs. I’m not very good at taking it easy/careful but getting better.
Family business is no joke - if I ever had an opportunity to run a shop like that, I probably wouldn’t be logging.

I was 36 when I quit my job as a County Highway Worker and started logging full time. Probably the most secure job in my area, to one of the most unstable sources of income/expenses.. It’s been a wild ride! But I ain’t lookin back!

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Family business is no joke - if I ever had an opportunity to run a shop like that, I probably wouldn’t be logging.

I was 36 when I quit my job as a County Highway Worker and started logging full time. Probably the most secure job in my area, to one of the most unstable sources of income/expenses.. It’s been a wild ride! But I ain’t lookin back!
It’s a lot of gray hair. I’d like to run a small business, me and a couple people maybe.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a lot of gray hair. I’d like to run a small business, me and a couple people maybe.
I was a Machine Tool & Die graduate. Also doubled up and got my Industrial Tech Welding Cert at the same time. Then went back to school for High Performance Engine Machining... At times I miss figuring out the troubleshooting and also coming up with solutions and creating cool chit with a Bridgeport, Lathe, Vertical Mill, Radial Arm drill, etc etc.. I liked the work, but never felt valued by my employers as they just kept hiring more and more button pushers.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was a Machine Tool & Die graduate. Also doubled up and got my Industrial Tech Welding Cert at the same time. Then went back to school for High Performance Engine Machining... At times I miss figuring out the troubleshooting and also coming up with solutions and creating cool chit with a Bridgeport, Lathe, Vertical Mill, Radial Arm drill, etc etc.. I liked the work, but never felt valued by my employers as they just kept hiring more and more button pushers.
Been a Tool & Die maker 39 years , unfortunately most nowadays are just button pushers.The old ways of actually learning the trade are long gone .

Last edited: