The forestry and logging pictures thread

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do you even process a tree that big?

Buck it to the length and let the steam donkey do it’s job. Judging by the picture everything was still steam so it was either put on the rail car or loaded on the truck with the old wood framed cable loader on the donkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Buck it to the length and let the steam donkey do it’s job. Judging by the picture everything was still steam so it was either put on the rail car or loaded on the truck with the old wood framed cable loader on the donkey.

+1 Or, blast it in half first!

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
cf90d6255c318448c6e257de032024f3.jpg

This should be an interesting little yarder for corners and bench work.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's going to be a bad one here this year. South and Central Cascades are at about 45% of annual snowpack and the snow is pretty much gone at elevations under 5,000'.

There's some pretty extensive reading on the national outlook here, which includes Canada and Mexico: https://www.predictiveservices.nifc.gov/outlooks/NA_Outlook.pdf

The main areas forecast to get hit hard here are central Oregon, central and northern California, eastern and northern Washington, Great Basin (southern Idaho/northern
and eastern Nevada/western and northern Utah/western and southern Wyoming), and the Rocky Mountain states. The southwest is getting hammered pretty good right
now, but not as bad as last year.

Late season fires will be particularly bad here for southern Oregon and California, northern Washington, and western Idaho.

Unfortunately, their forecast looks on the money. BC is in wildfire hell.