The forestry and logging pictures thread

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently so. That's 1500 miles from me. A bunch of small fires in Ontario, one large one but it's way up in the wilderness.

We haven't had rain for at least two weeks and it's been quite warm for this time of year.

I sure hope is going to be a better year for the folks up in the PNW and California.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's going to be a bad one here this year. South and Central Cascades are at about 45% of annual snowpack and the snow is pretty much gone at elevations under 5,000'.

There's some pretty extensive reading on the national outlook here, which includes Canada and Mexico: https://www.predictiveservices.nifc.gov/outlooks/NA_Outlook.pdf

The main areas forecast to get hit hard here are central Oregon, central and northern California, eastern and northern Washington, Great Basin (southern Idaho/northern
and eastern Nevada/western and northern Utah/western and southern Wyoming), and the Rocky Mountain states. The southwest is getting hammered pretty good right
now, but not as bad as last year.

Late season fires will be particularly bad here for southern Oregon and California, northern Washington, and western Idaho.

fossil

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's going to be a bad one here this year. South and Central Cascades are at about 45% of annual snowpack and the snow is pretty much gone at elevations under 5,000'.

There's some pretty extensive reading on the national outlook here, which includes Canada and Mexico: https://www.predictiveservices.nifc.gov/outlooks/NA_Outlook.pdf

The main areas forecast to get hit hard here are central Oregon, central and northern California, eastern and northern Washington, Great Basin (southern Idaho/northern
and eastern Nevada/western and northern Utah/western and southern Wyoming), and the Rocky Mountain states. The southwest is getting hammered pretty good right
now, but not as bad as last year.

Late season fires will be particularly bad here for southern Oregon and California, northern Washington, and western Idaho.

Thanks for posting the link Jacob. Good read.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
11f713b739964c5902bdf83c32d533bb.jpg

This should be interesting I wonder who will be the first to require it in the PNW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
11f713b739964c5902bdf83c32d533bb.jpg

This should be interesting I wonder who will be the first to require it in the PNW.

I’ve seen that. Looks like it would work in perfect, perfect, perfect conditions. Not the broke up, rugged ground that we can have here with varying tree sizes. Interesting though.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve seen that. Looks like it would work in perfect, perfect, perfect conditions. Not the broke up, rugged ground that we can have here with varying tree sizes. Interesting though.

New Zealand is requiring no one on the ground by 2025 so like I said it maybe a requirement out here vs what’s really right.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
New Zealand is requiring no one on the ground by 2025 so like I said it maybe a requirement out here vs what’s really right.

Yeah...I’d say a lot of our coast ground isn’t going to agree with that. I’ll leave it at that.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah...I’d say a lot of our coast ground isn’t going to agree with that. I’ll leave it at that.

I remember saying the same thing about tethering up here but it got mandated to even keep working.

Last edited: