High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The forestry and logging pictures thread

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out what’s going on here. The trees we are cutting are about 25 years old, but they obviously cut with crosscuts here. This must be the third cut here. There are a few rotten old-growth stumps left, but the second-growth stumps must’ve burnt out.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m trying to figure out what’s going on here. The trees we are cutting are about 25 years old, but they obviously cut with crosscuts here. This must be the third cut here. There are a few rotten old-growth stumps left, but the second-growth stumps must’ve burnt out.

Might of been a pocket that got “thinned” and the big ugly stuff was left of the old growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just curious. How can you tell if it's been cut before? Or twice before?
So, the trees we are cutting here are about 25 years old. Definitely done with a powersaw. There are old-growth stumps, although a lot are burned out. And there is also a set of smaller stumps from the second cut. The cross-cut saw and axe heads are evidence of the first time, and the plastic wedges 1,100 feet down would be evidence of the second. I’ll get a picture of a fresh stump or two, and show the growth rings.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. TY.
I did a clearcut job for a homeowner last year. Forestry management plan. 2 acres. Arborist said it was last clearcut 80 years back according to records.
Cut every tree except one big Beech tree in the middle. Lol
I have to go back this spring and cut 1 square acre about a half mile into the woods. Sad. Just cut'em and leave'em...