ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@jacob j. ...You are a Man amongst Men...make no bones about that! I’d be privileged to shake your hand one day. I know we battled different enemies in our past and lifetime... I’d enjoy a good sit down at a fire pit...just shooting the *s-wordt!

Great words You’ve hit the nail on the head That would be one fire pit I’d enjoy

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just heard the worst case scenario of the two fires converging in Clackamas County.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
YIKES...Not liking that post...
Just like the Perfect Storm...

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
10:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With something like this what is required for it to be put out?

Mainly the weather - the good news is we have rain coming starting on Monday. It won't be enough to put all the fires out, but it will slow everything down enough to
where fire crews can get a handle on things. Right now, on the big fires like Riverside and Santiam, there's just not enough firefighters, so they're doing "point protection",
which is where they protect developments, critical infrastructure, homes, and other resources while allowing the fire to spread in uninhabited areas. We had to do that on
the Iron Complex for a while in 2008 because we simply didn't have enough people. Some of the largest fires won't be completely out for a year or more. The Biscuit fire still
had heat in the deep interior as late as the Summer of 2004, almost two full years later. Buried organic material and stump holes had continued to smolder for that long.

On the Tyee fire in 1994, they had rappellers and smokejumpers going after interior hotspots after we got the fire contained (which took seven weeks). It's good for aerial
resources because it helps them maintain proficiency and certifications. ODF and the Forest Service will have engines patrolling the interior of the Riverside fire until
well after the snow flies.

A blessing from God

That too...

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mainly the weather - the good news is we have rain coming starting on Monday. It won't be enough to put all the fires out, but it will slow everything down enough to
where fire crews can get a handle on things. Right now, on the big fires like Riverside and Santiam, there's just not enough firefighters, so they're doing "point protection",
which is where they protect developments, critical infrastructure, homes, and other resources while allowing the fire to spread in uninhabited areas. We had to do that on
the Iron Complex for a while in 2008 because we simply didn't have enough people. Some of the largest fires won't be completely out for a year or more. The Biscuit fire still
had heat in the deep interior as late as the Summer of 2004, almost two full years later. Buried organic material and stump holes had continued to smolder for that long.

On the Tyee fire in 1994, they had rappellers and smokejumpers going after interior hotspots after we got the fire contained (which took seven weeks). It's good for aerial
resources because it helps them maintain proficiency and certifications. ODF and the Forest Service will have engines patrolling the interior of the Riverside fire until
well after the snow flies.

That too...

Wish I could send some of this Iowa rain that way
4 1/2in since Tuesday and hasn’t stopped

Sent from Hoskey hilltop