The forestry and logging pictures thread

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a nice Oregon coast 3 bagger from yesterday, he gets two of these loads a day.
View attachment 240642
Thats just about how all the loads looked when I was a kid except the diameter of the logs was larger. Some loads just had two large logs a few had five, of what, back then, were considered small logs.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder the story behind it

It's hard to say - guys leave stuff behind for a variety of reasons. Had it been an injury or accident, everything probably would have gotten picked up.

I was on a job for the company and a faller across the canyon from me broke his arm. The rigging crew hiked him out of there and then me and my partner
hiked all of his tools out at the end of the day.

That's a good find for sure, good on yah. All of my skid lids I've found in the woods.

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's hard to say - guys leave stuff behind for a variety of reasons. Had it been an injury or accident, everything probably would have gotten picked up.

I was on a job for the company and a faller across the canyon from me broke his arm. The rigging crew hiked him out of there and then me and my partner

That's a good find for sure, good on yah. All of my skid lids I've found in the woods.
My favorite part of that is the bucking card is still in good shape

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I wish I would have walked his way out in front of him...that is really cool, especially with the bucking card.