High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The forestry and logging pictures thread

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That's awesome that you could help your partner get a day in. I had to bring my buddy's two boys with me one time because my partner was out sick. The boys were 14-15 and they had a good time.
I’m sure he would do the same for me. I did get some Carl’s Junior out of it. I actually ended up marking guyline stumps with Mike Huffman for a while, and fixed a couple guards on the buncher.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m sure he would do the same for me. I did get some Carl’s Junior out of it. I actually ended up marking guyline stumps with Mike Huffman for a while, and fixed a couple guards on the buncher.

Working with Mike is usually a good time - he just loves logging. I got to cut oversize for him for a few days on a fairly flat unit up Cavitt Creek. Talk about dream cutting, he would go out ahead and mark out about 100 trees
and then follow behind me with the shovel making wind rows - I was taking one long log off.

At least you guys had some good weather and that's always a good time. It's been a cruddy winter for cutting. I hope you guys get out of those garbage patches this spring.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tim K. and I were working a strip for the company off of the Burnt Mountain access road above Park Creek in 2004, and another faller on that job, Gary S., shot a dandy black bear
about 3/4 of a mile off the access road. We rigged up a big Fir limb and tied it across his shoulders and the three of us drug it out to the road. The gross weight on it was a
little over 300 lbs. They get pretty big up there - lots to eat.
That is way cool, I know that area very well. Very steep country and alot of Bear and elk up there. I used to drop off From Skeeter camp and my dad would pick me up at the entrance to Tioga Creek it took me several hours and this is if I was moving at a good pace.
such beautiful country, I miss living down there.
Ryan.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Working with Mike is usually a good time - he just loves logging. I got to cut oversize for him for a few days on a fairly flat unit up Cavitt Creek. Talk about dream cutting, he would go out ahead and mark out about 100 trees
and then follow behind me with the shovel making wind rows - I was taking one long log off.

At least you guys had some good weather and that's always a good time. It's been a cruddy winter for cutting. I hope you guys get out of those garbage patches this spring.
Mike has definitely been great to work with every time. It’s nice to have worked here long enough to know everybody pretty well. It feels like home, and they have taken good care of me and provided plenty of work. They get a lot of hand-cut units.
We have a unit that @HYPERSAWS and I are supposed to start in 2-3 weeks on Weaver Ridge, kind of between the Coosbay Wagon Road and Camas Creek. That will be closer to home, and there isn’t the snow damage. However, there are some nice rock bluffs in it. I should be good to go to start on that unit.

NWWrench

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike has definitely been great to work with every time. It’s nice to have worked here long enough to know everybody pretty well. It feels like home, and they have taken good care of me and provided plenty of work. They get a lot of hand-cut units.
We have a unit that @HYPERSAWS and I are supposed to start in 2-3 weeks on Weaver Ridge, kind of between the Coosbay Wagon Road and Camas Creek. That will be closer to home, and there isn’t the snow damage. However, there are some nice rock bluffs in it. I should be good to go to start on that unit.
Where do you live? You could drive from Coosbay to Roseburg and not see a painted line in that area or hardly another vehicle if you take the right roads. I like to take Signal tree and come out at the bottom of Weaver in Sitkum, my wife gets tired of me taking all the backroads when we head to my parents in Coquille. LOL
Thanks Ryan.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2362fb18501111c839ba20f1c1ba7ba4.jpg
e4ab7b1924d53d34f01354556c7b24d8.jpg
a9f038bc4a36444b66fe87d2054eab68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where do you live? You could drive from Coosbay to Roseburg and not see a painted line in that area or hardly another vehicle if you take the right roads. I like to take Signal tree and come out at the bottom of Weaver in Sitkum, my wife gets tired of me taking all the backroads when we head to my parents in Coquille. LOL
Thanks Ryan.
I live in Camas Valley. Basically below the towers on Signal Tree. So the job up Weaver Ridge will be nice. Paradise Creek and that area is a little bit of a drive.