Rob Stafari

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might as well give the thread a bump.

Was emailing randy yesterday about a saw for a friend and randomly asked about wanting to attend a GTG and he informed me he had one coming up on Dec 3. The fiance text me a few hours later saying she wanted to do more road trips and just get away for a weekend so i suggested a road trip to Jamestown Tenn ( we live in Cincinnati ) to meet some good people and play with chainsaws and she agreed to it :banana: gotta love it when things just fall into place like that.

Pretty stoked my first GTG is gonna be at randy's and after reading this thread its sounding like its going to be a good one. Cant wait to meet everyone.

P.S new member here, been lurking at AS for a while.

Hey Cody, welcome to the site! As a fellow Cincinnatian its a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I have myself been tossing around the idea of venturing to this GTG. Unfortunately with my father's failing health I am unable to commit to anything out of town at the moment, but if things work out to allow such things I'd love to make it down to meet some folks and have some fun.

Code_Red

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Cody, welcome to the site! As a fellow Cincinnatian its a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I have myself been tossing around the idea of venturing to this GTG. Unfortunately with my father's failing health I am unable to commit to anything out of town at the moment, but if things work out to allow such things I'd love to make it down to meet some folks and have some fun.

Rob, Its nice to meet you!. I am sorry to hear about your fathers health. Thoughts and prayers your way. hopefully this does become a yearly event so we can all meet.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As of now, I'm planning on making it a yearly thing. I just bought this place where the GTG is being held a little over a year ago, so I've not done much in the way of fixing up on the barn........but if we do this every year, I think it will get a lot of improvements.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well we are a month away guys! Looks like I won't have my 2100 ready for the gtg because of all the overtime we are working, and I dunno how many chains I'll be able to sharpen for the ones I bring.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't started my chain either, deer season and work get in the way

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just made my reservation this morning. 575 miles. Just need to decide which route.

Down through WV, kentucky or all the way down through Virginia.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let's start a list of folks that will be coming. Please add your name, and how many are coming with you. Also note if you will need power for camping.

Redfin
Leadfarmer

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to plan for next year. Only 320miles
I'm still in limbo waiting to hear from my son as to when his/the aircraft carrier he's stationed aboard will deploy. Hoping to know something pretty soon. Since you're just north of me, we can possibly plan a ride up for the GTG next year, save on gas, vehicle wear and tear, etc.

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm still in limbo waiting to hear from my son as to when his/the aircraft carrier he's stationed aboard will deploy. Hoping to know something pretty soon. Since you're just north of me, we can possibly plan a ride up for the GTG next year, save on gas, vehicle wear and tear, etc.

Sounds like a plan. I need to get on the ball and build some saws that will hang with rest

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a plan. I need to get on the ball and build some saws that will hang with rest
The only class I stand a chance in is the 'absolute bone stock' category...ain't got nothin' ported here:(. Got one that I could enter into the 50cc 'base gasket delete' competition and one in the 'muff mod' competition ;).

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i will be there not sure if ill bring maddie my dog or not but ill definately be there