Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They really do want a person to pay for the top dollar phone to have a nice camera. It’s a scam.
My now dead dumbphone with its 5MP camera had better features and made higher quality pictures & videos AT A LOWER SPECIFIED RESOLUTION than my current so called smartphone!

Yes, the entire consumer market is a scam which works as long as the consumer plays along!

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Bringing back a old thread,

I'm looking for Corundum Vitrified wheels for a Belsaw 308. They use a 5" x 1/2"(arbor) x 3/16" wheel. A 1/8" thick wheel could be used as well.

All I'm seeing is stuff with a 7/8" arbor.
Is there an off the shelf arbor adapter 7/8 to 1/2"?

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sharpening Supplies (website) says they are the parts source for older, Foley Belsaw equipment.

Might check there.

www.sharpeningsupplies.com

Philbert
Thanks Philbert,

I have bought from them before (and saw their current offerings), however I am specifically looking for some Corundum Vitrified wheels.
Most of the CV wheels have a 7/8" arbor which could possibly require use of the arbor adapters.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can't find wheels with that arbor size, there's washers that are 7/8" od, and 1/2" id. Go to your hardware store and see if they have something. They should have multiple thicknesses as well. That would be more than sufficient to take up the space. Or if ya want to get fancy, find a machine shop and have them turn an adapter for ya.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are your plans for the Corundum Vitrified wheels, if I may ask? Who sells them?

I use plastic, telescoping, arbor adapters, that come with bench grinder wheels, on my 6” bench grinder.

IMG_7019.jpeg

Have not tried them on a chain grinder. Would have to cut them thinner, of course.

Tried to buy a set of these, on-line, once; was cheaper to buy a whole grinding wheel, with them, at a local home center!

Philbert

Last edited:

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
corundum - crystalline aluminium oxide. vitrified wheels are of various abrasive materials bonded with various materials and fired . Besides al are garnet ,ceramics and others. Hardnest of wheel at speed is designated by a-z, a= soft ,Z= hard , which also relates to the breakdown of the wheel to expose fresh sharp edges of the mix. This only a general range for ref. The vitrified wheels we use for chains fall apx in the H to about M range. Resonoid bonded wheels while sort of following the same scale cause less burning at the expense of faster wheel breakdown due to the softer bonding materials. Ceramic mix wheels hold form better and are bit cooler running than al oxide types. Course they cost more as well.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What are your plans for the Corundum Vitrified wheels, if I may ask? Who sells them?

I use plastic, telescoping, arbor adapters, that come with bench grinder wheels, on my 6” bench grinder.

View attachment 411484

Have not tried them on a chain grinder. Would have to cut them thinner, of course.

Tried to buy a set of these, on-line, once; was cheaper to buy a whole grinding wheel, with them, at a local home center!

Philbert
I'm looking into trying the CV wheels on the 308 recently acquired. They seem to be a bit finer grit near 80 vs the 60 grit that the resin bond ones are offered by the folks at sharpeningsupplies.

The CV wheels I'm considering are at ArcherPlus.com

I'll have to first mount the 5.75" AP wheels on a bench grinder and use a dressing tool to bring them down to about 5.25" before mounting to the 308. Unless someone has some that are well used from a USG or Tecomec grinder that they are willing to allow me to do this experimenting with.