exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
4:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tapatalk will soon be disabled due to its security and privacy issues, and after just two days of using it, our server is already reporting code warnings.

Our OPEforum app can now be installed on Android devices as well as Windows & Mac computers. Yes, you can run it as an app on your computer too!

If you're using an iOS device or Apple Phone,

There won't be an App Download button or link visible to your iPhone. So, to use our forum app, TFN, your iOS device will have to be using Safari. You'll need to click "Share" followed by "Add to home screen". There's no iOS support for other browsers. but that might change with the release of iOS 16.4.

calcutta250

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the information.
I’ll look into the OPE app.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Tapatalk will soon be disabled due to its security and privacy issues, and after just two days of using it, our server is already reporting code warnings.

Our OPEforum app can now be installed on Android devices as well as Windows & Mac computers. Yes, you can run it as an app on your computer too!

If you're using an iOS device or Apple Phone,

There won't be an App Download button or link visible to your iPhone. So, to use our forum app, TFN, your iOS device will have to be using Safari. You'll need to click "Share" followed by "Add to home screen". There's no iOS support for other browsers. but that might change with the release of iOS 16.4.
Steve what’s different about the app vs. just viewing the site in a browser?

MNMacGuy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate the warning that Tapatalk is being disabled soon. I prefer using Tapatalk on my phone. It's not perfect but easier for me to navigate than using the browser version. When AS disabled Tapatalk they felt it wasn't important to notify users. A lot of us were in the dark as to what happened and left in the cold as to access. I will look for the OPE app. I didn't see it on Google Play yet. Thanks for creating an alternative to Tapatalk. The OPE staff are top notch!!

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

exCanuck

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate the warning that Tapatalk is being disabled soon. I prefer using Tapatalk on my phone. It's not perfect but easier for me to navigate than using the browser version. When AS disabled Tapatalk they felt it wasn't important to notify users. A lot of us were in the dark as to what happened and left in the cold as to access. I will look for the OPE app. I didn't see it on Google Play yet. Thanks for creating an alternative to Tapatalk. The OPE staff are top notch!!

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk
Not in Google Play store... On your phone, when visiting this site, expand 3 lines in top left corner (aka hamburger menu); look at bottom of pop out menu for App button.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
giphy.gif

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I downloaded a TFN app and it won’t open on iPhone.
Confusing but I’m known to be simple!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exCanuck

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I downloaded a TFN app and it won’t open on iPhone.
Confusing but I’m known to be simple!

By TFN, I meant 'til further notice. As in, there won't be an iPhone app until further notice.

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok got it now!
Thx!

exCanuck

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tapatalk access will END March 30th.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Said it before but I've been using chrome on my phone and it's basically ad free. The only downside is I sometimes end up with a bunch of pages open but that's really not a big deal.