Sugihara bar/chain combo

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The Japanese have very good quality steel.
The Stihl and Oregon light weights will flex more, but are lighter. When using 28'' or lighter, I favor the Oregon for weight and price.

Edit: Just reread this post. I meant to say 28'' or longer.
Damn my dyslexia.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone try Cannon bars? They aren't cheap, but I've heard they are some of the best! I like my Tsumura bars and the Stihl bars. Oregon have done me good as well.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone try Cannon bars? They aren't cheap, but I've heard they are some of the best! I like my Tsumura bars and the Stihl bars. Oregon have done me good as well.
I heard good things about Cannon bars too. Do they make light weights? Never seen one.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm running a 20'' Sugi on my MS 261c with Oregon .375 chain. I couldn't be happier. I've read many a review on the Sugis and they all gloated how long the bars last. Some even replaced the tip due to being worn out.
That said, if weight is an issue, there are other bars that are lighter. 1st up is Stihl, followed by Oregon. Then there are the Tusmamni (spelling?), but I don't know where they lay in weight comparison.
Julian @Redbull661 had full blown comparisons of bars. Weights, cost, rigidity etc. May still be on YouTube but haven't seen his posts in a while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk