High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Sugihara bar/chain combo

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I was wondering what brand was used. Not that I know the difference.
If the price is good in a combo why not.
I ran that chain once on a new bar at work on others saws. It seemed good and sharp with hard cutters like Oregon. Might be re-branded. Husky uses it on theirs re-branded with different depth gauges.

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes there’s a reason why the price is good. Choose wisely grasshopper. I’d find out what manufacturer chain it is. With that being said, Sugihara is a quality product. I have 2 on 2 different saws and they’re great!

FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can use any brand of chain, as long as the pitch, gauge, and drive link count are correct.

I don't think that Sugihara makes chains.

Philbert
And they’ll work fine with .325” narrow kerf chain.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And they’ll work fine with .325” narrow kerf chain.
325 NK uses smaller bars than 375 most times. The chain cuts less meat so less room to finish the cutters up at the end of life. The bar can jam on thick stuff. It can be annoying but fun to watch. Never makes it through half the cut.

Edit NK should be 050 gauge not the 325 063

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm running a 20'' Sugi on my MS 261c with Oregon .375 chain. I couldn't be happier. I've read many a review on the Sugis and they all gloated how long the bars last. Some even replaced the tip due to being worn out.
That said, if weight is an issue, there are other bars that are lighter. 1st up is Stihl, followed by Oregon. Then there are the Tusmamni (spelling?), but I don't know where they lay in weight comparison.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use my .325 .050 16" bar with the new Stihl RS PRO .325nk chain. It works fine. Maybe not the ultimate, but no issues from me. @Bjorn advised me of this.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a person was to purchase a Sugihara bar, for a PHO, should he get the bar/chain combo?
Is it Sugihara chain?

thanks

Where are these Sugi bar/chain combos you speak of? Just curious, I am not in the market for a new bar at the moment.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If a person was to purchase a Sugihara bar, for a PHO, should he get the bar/chain combo?
Is it Sugihara chain?

thanks

It is Raisman chain, never heard of Sugihara chain. I have never used Raisman. If it is cheap enough, go for it. @Philbert may know something about this chain.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think Raissman chain might be from Brazil. The bars seem OK.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is Raisman chain, never heard of Sugihara chain. I have never used Raisman. If it is cheap enough, go for it. @Philbert may know something about this chain.
I understand that it is 'nothing special' chain, probably similar in quality and performance to Tri-Link chain. How much is the bar without the chain combo? If adding the chain is inexpensive, maybe give it a try; if it costs as much as Oregon or STIHL . . . .

Here are some related threads for other opinions:

https://opeforum.com/threads/hl-supplys-raisman-chain.2212/

https://opeforum.com/threads/opinion-on-this-raisman-chain-take-a-look-please.11955/

https://opeforum.com/threads/raisman-chainsaw-bar.13609/

Philbert

motoOzarks

motoMonster
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not in the market at the moment.
When I see a saw advertised PHO I have to go look and see what it costs to complete it to a working unit.
The different brands and types of bars is a world in itself.
I was just curious if it was a go to deal as I see this Sugihara brand on a lot of saws.
If a person bought the combo but wanted another chain or two I wondered what brand to get to match it.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not in the market at the moment.
When I see a saw advertised PHO I have to go look and see what it costs to complete it to a working unit.
The different brands and types of bars is a world in itself.
I was just curious if it was a go to deal as I see this Sugihara brand on a lot of saws.
If a person bought the combo but wanted another chain or two I wondered what brand to get to match it.
In my experience the Sugihara bars are superior to stihl or oregan or any others I have had . Never had bars take abuse from learners and borrowers and come back fine . I would buy them over anything else at the moment

motoOzarks

motoMonster
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just looked on HL and for example pick a size of bar and a combo would add 15 bucks or so for a chain. But most are sale priced on the combos so it's only like 5 or 6 bucks for the combo.
So it wouldn't much matter if it was a good chain or not at that price. I was just curious.