High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

stilh o 29 super

Tom Rooney

New OPE Member
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I prefer a rim. Easier and cheaper to change. As for durability, I really haven't noticed one way or another.

d.l.d

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Rim is better, last longer because you can replace the rim. Its also cheaper because you don't have to replace the whole drum like you do when the spur style wears out.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also prefer the rim sprocket. I had an 029 Super for many years and it was a good reliable saw. Just heavy and underpowered, with poor AV. That's why I run Pro saws now.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, guys. Fancy seeing y'all's here.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A rim sprocket is probably technically better but for a typical user it makes very little difference as a spur sprocket is cheaper and will last a long time. I have saws with both and performance wise there is no difference. A spur sprocket is actually a little easier to fit the chain to. The rim sprocket is handy if you want to change sprocket tooth count or chain pitch as just the rim has to be changed. These are about $5.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A rim sprocket is probably technically better but for a typical user it makes very little difference as a spur sprocket is cheaper and will last a long time. I have saws with both and performance wise there is no difference. A spur sprocket is actually a little easier to fit the chain to. The rim sprocket is handy if you want to change sprocket tooth count or chain pitch as just the rim has to be changed. These are about $5.

Hello Sir. :)