Stihl QC Slipping?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
7:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I agree, a stout saw, with a base delete and a bit of grinding + the boring out of the main jet, then the coil swap ;)
Ive milled with my 461 with a 36” bar when my 660 went all droopy on me..:)

it saved the day..:campeon:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been accused of bashing Husqvarna "unfairly". In my defense, I've said that when you take apart a new saw, and find the sort of things I've seen, that the members of our forum need to be made aware of it.

Well....here we go. Brand new MS461 with the spark plug cross threaded, and run in all the way. Made it thru the test run, and quality control too.

I'll be replacing this top end.....its scrap metal now.

View attachment 294868 View attachment 294867 View attachment 294866
How dare you treat all brands with eqaul scrutinization.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tell em to piss off and go by an ebz 8550

There's not a RedMax dealer within 45 mi of here. I do however have a great Shindaiwa/Echo dealer so I got a Shin EB810 while the BR800 was in the shop the third or fourth time. It's definitely the strongest blower I have.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
First saw off the line after lunch on a Friday?
Last saw off the line on Fri.

The 461 is gone BTW. I just got a message that once those that are in the system are gone, there will be no more.
That gives me the green light to buy a 2nd and shelf her.
Now also on my saw wish list.
I love my girls.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Good luck. They are all backordered. What is left in the supply chain won't fill the backorders.
Well then, mine will come out of the daily work saw category and see occasional use. It is still minty and barely broken in. I have under 20 tanks run thru her.
Time soon for a 500i already on the wish list. I'll keep an eye out for a good used 461 to hang with the workin girls.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been accused of bashing Husqvarna "unfairly". In my defense, I've said that when you take apart a new saw, and find the sort of things I've seen, that the members of our forum need to be made aware of it.

Well....here we go. Brand new MS461 with the spark plug cross threaded, and run in all the way. Made it thru the test run, and quality control too.

I'll be replacing this top end.....its scrap metal now.

View attachment 294868 View attachment 294867 View attachment 294866

If you and/or Dan @AlfA01 would like, send that cylinder to me and I can Helicoil and send it on.

The 461 is gone BTW. I just got a message that once those that are in the system are gone, there will be no more.

Glad I took my own advice and picked one up for myself.

I picked a good time to sell a brand new R model that porkchop ported.

If you have sellers remorse, I have one extra here to be ported for someone.

gonna make the 2 closet saws more pricey lol

Slacker

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hesitate to mention this, but I have a BR800 blower that I bought new in December and it's been back to the shop five times because it just will not run more than 10 minutes. The mechanic at my dealer has no idea why it won't run. He's already replaced the carburetor, the fuel lines twice, the fuel filter, the tank vent, adjusted the valves, and still can't get it to run right. What do you do if you get a new piece of equipment and that even the dealer can't get the running right?
A reputable dealer would hand you a new one and send you on your way.