Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK !
Got the cylinder all machined and getting it ready to go 80-81 for the intake. I’m starting to cut into the transferrs, then I’ll do the exhaust last. I’ll be keeping squish around 0.025, knowing she’s got a small chamber, don’t want too much compression in the cylinder, but with the long runners for transferrs, I want to keep case compression on the high side. This aint no firewood saw !!

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m so excited! Thank you for what you do! Can’t wait to run it!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m so excited! Thank you for what you do! Can’t wait to run it!
My pleasure !!
Also my apologies for it taking longer than planned for, I work at LGA and it’s been getting super busy with holiday preparations, projects, and people flying. I’m looking forward to spending less time at work after the holidays, maybe even get down to 60 hour weeks

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get down to 60 hours? Sounds like you’re plenty busy. The fact that you still take the time to build saws says a lot about you and your work ethic. I’m in no rush for the saw, just super excited. Will be my first ported saw

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good! Yeah let’s not melt any brake handles lol

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, she’s back together and running. Just not running good. She’s got a hesitation when going to WOT. The intake boot looked good and the crank seals p/v tested good, so I’m going to start with the FI system. 428FCD9D-0CD9-4207-AA3D-65023C108989.jpeg

@TINYHULK

Did you notice any hesitations before you sent her to me ?

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, she’s back together and running. Just not running good. She’s got a hesitation when going to WOT. The intake boot looked good and the crank seals p/v tested good, so I’m going to start with the FI system. View attachment 357155

@TINYHULK

Did you notice any hesitations before you sent her to me ?
No she ran great. I used it the first half of the day then my guy used it that one evening to process some trees on a clearing job. The next morning it wouldn’t start and that’s when I posted about advice.

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amateur suggestion but could the ring not be fully seated? Needing more break in time maybe ‍♂️

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Amateur suggestion but could the ring not be fully seated? Needing more break in time maybe ‍♂️
Probably going to take a half dozen tanks, or more, to seat the rings, especially if you stick with Dominator, which is what I run.

But, the hesitation was a lack of fuel. Could be from the memory in the FI system, could be the fuel filter, might even be the primer bulb & it’s hoses. I’ll know as soon as I can start loading her up. She did take a hard shot or two in her lifetime, but I’ll leave that for after this morning’s test cuts if she doesn’t straighten out.

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you put your 32:1 mix in it? I was running 50:1 so maybe that’s it? ‍♂️

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
32:1 Dominator

I humbly suggest that everyone run this stuff !!!

THIS is how a ported 500i should run !!!

I’ll upload the video tomorrow morning when I’m at my computer, just don’t nobody make fun of my leggs, eh !??!??

@TINYHULK
I’m willing to bet an ice cream that you’re going to use this exclusively for yourself, unless you’re willing to watch someone else make a cut or two. I’ve kept the stock spark arrestor, in case it’s required for your use, but I believe that you can get a little more out of it with a more open screen. I can make one or two different ones for you with different openings so you can play around, but I’ll caution you this:

Allow at least one tank of real heavy use before rendering judgement ……….

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m running 40:1 red armor in all the saws now and I plan on getting the 32:1 dominator for all my ported saws as you have recommended! That saw is going to be the gym of my collection. I plan on getting a case for it and i planned on doing exactly what you said with keeping it to myself but maybe letting someone feel a cut or two. Recently I started an assigned saw to each employee. It’s the only saw they get to run. They have to care for it and do all the maintenance. Keeps new guys from thinking they can jump in the back of my truck and grab the biggest saw. The spark arrestor isn’t required in anyway. Would be fun to experiment but you can set it up however you think is best!