Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
4:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you’re still having running issues, Jasha has a routine that has worked for him a couple times.

https://opeforum.com/threads/need-help-500i-issues.26028/page-3#post-1415241
I read that, but I was under the impression that he was fighting some very low temperature issues, and the charr from the burned out area was probably causing issues with the stop switch. To me, the primer bulb is a little stiff on this one. I’ve got mine that I’m comparing it with, and this one is a little bit stiffer.

@TINYHULK
I can replace it,probably have to order it, or you can.

Regardless, this saw is running better and better with every heavy cut.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read that, but I was under the impression that he was fighting some very low temperature issues, and the charr from the burned out area was probably causing issues with the stop switch. To me, the primer bulb is a little stiff on this one. I’ve got mine that I’m comparing it with, and this one is a little bit stiffer.

@TINYHULK
I can replace it,probably have to order it, or you can.

Regardless, this saw is running better and better with every heavy cut.
Those primer bulbs on the 500 are usually quite soft as compared to other models. No idea if that’s it, but seems like it viable place to start

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Moparmyway
I’m fine with either of us ordering it. If you think you’re going to be done with your testing and have it ready for shipment before the part will be in then I can order one and put it in. Can’t wait to run it! Oh and I plan on RIT dying the plastics so can you put another one of your stickers in the shipment box so I can put one on after I dye it :)

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your welcomed to sell me a couple nine pins when you bill me and ship me for all of your amazing work the saw will live with a 28in bar besides for the rare times I want to put a 36 on it

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your welcomed to sell me a couple nine pins when you bill me and ship me for all of your amazing work the saw will live with a 28in bar besides for the rare times I want to put a 36 on it
You gotta sacrifice a little to run a 9 tooth on the 500i ……..

Id suggest that you run a 28 or 32 light with the 8 tooth and your WCS 3 point SUPER agressive dogs !

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m only 5 7. A 28in bar is perfect for me. Keeps me from bending over as much and i do a lot of trees that are in the 3-4ft dbh and a 28 is all I need for those. It’s maybe once every month or two I get into a sub 5ft tree. Hell I took down a 7ft in a cemetery a few months back with a 36in bar. But now I have my bosses 661 and my mmws 395 so I shouldn’t really need a 36 anymore on the 500s

TINYHULK

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks awesome!!! Can’t wait to run her!!! I can see how much pull you had on that saw and she just torqued her way through that wood. Very impressive! Let me know how much I owe you and I can send it when your ready

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another tank of Sunoco Optima with Dominator mixxed at 32:1, and she’s getting stronger !!!!! The new rings will seat after a dozen or so tanks of fuel.

@TINYHULK
She likes a sharp, agressive chain. I’m sure you’re going to want to cut with this saw long after the sun goes down !! She’s pretty knarley, just have to be gentle with them WCS 3 point dogs. I’ll put everything in the box with the saw, then I’ll go over the parts and PM you with shipping costs & a total.

Im looking forward to getting your feedback on how she runs !!!!

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
THAT week went by fast !!!

My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting this back to @TINYHULK

I work at the busiest domestic airport in the country, and I’ve been slammed with holiday traveling. No excuses, I fell short, and I apologize !!!

It’s going out today !!!!

DD25CFED-5DFD-4564-8AED-94835CEC643F.jpeg

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
THAT week went by fast !!!

My sincerest apologies for the delay in getting this back to @TINYHULK

I work at the busiest domestic airport in the country, and I’ve been slammed with holiday traveling. No excuses, I fell short, and I apologize !!!

It’s going out today !!!!

View attachment 358364

Sometimes, life has a way, of getting in the way.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
3:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to everyone in this thread. Really enjoyed it.
If I had a crew, they would get a lot of training . A bonus at the end of the year for the condition of their equipment.
X2, great read!!!