STIHL MS 400

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And here we have my mint EHP ported OE 372xp, full of oil and fuel. The saw has a schrench holder which weighs 2.5oz.

b99d107788f29f9e212d91f163793ea3.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To me personally the 400 is totally unappealing, though it will get you closer to a 70cc with a with a little less cost.[emoji111]
What did you think of the ms400c when you ran it? I might wait till people get one in the states and do a review to see what they think first. The euro videos are a little different perspective than here.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What did you think of the ms400c when you ran it? I might wait till people get one in the states and do a review to see what they think first. The euro videos are a little different perspective than here.
Come on now, I said nothing on how it ran, how could I. Personally I just don't find it appealing, it would have to run as strong as a 462 before my ears will perk up, maybe it will, that would be great! I really just don't care for saws above 60cc and below 70cc.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The big difference in the 562xp and 462? How much lighter the 462 makes your wallet. Believe it or not price still matters to a lot of people.
I was going say this yesterday.
In the real world does anyone actually think the average firewood guy, logger or tree guy pays this close attention to specs? No, they either have an X dollar budget or they are going to buy a 60cc saw or a 70cc saw because that's what they want. I bet the number of people that are looking at a 562 and end up buying a 462 because it's only a little bit heavier and has more power is less than 1%, they are sticking to the 562 because that's what they want and the 462 is $400 more!

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The big difference in the 562xp and 462? How much lighter the 462 makes your wallet. Believe it or not price still matters to a lot of people.
Absolutely fact. Although the average Joe will never buy anything above 50cc. And for those that make a living behind saw, they just get what works best for them, price is just apart of doing business.[emoji111]

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going say this yesterday.
In the real world does anyone actually think the average firewood guy, logger or tree guy pays this close attention to specs? No, they either have an X dollar budget or they are going to buy a 60cc saw or a 70cc saw because that's what they want. I bet the number of people that are looking at a 562 and end up buying a 462 because it's only a little bit heavier and has more power is less than 1%, they are sticking to the 562 because that's what they want and the 462 is $400 more!

I agree and disagree. No an average firewood cutter will not buy a saw like a 562 let alone a 462.

When it comes to specs, you bet people care, everyone does research and comparison of each model, watch YouTube videos and so on, that's the world we live in now.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I agree and disagree. No an average firewood cutter will not buy a saw like a 562 let alone a 462.

When it comes to specs, you bet people care, everyone does research and comparison of each model, watch YouTube videos and so on, that's the world we live in now.

When people I know that make a living with a chainsaw need a new one they go to the place they buy chainsaws and get one.

I've *b-worded about the rising prices of chainsaws before. But when I take a step back and look at the bigger picture it's nothing in the long run. The jams my dealer has got me out of is worth more than a couple hundred bucks saved and 2 seconds in a cut that doesn't exist in the real world.

A video on YouTube hasn't decided a chainsaw purchase for me. It never will..

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Agreed, most firewood guys are buying an ms290 and such. I live in jonsered country, when husky dropped the name for redmax all the loggers switched to dolmar, husky or stihl. I told them that they were the same saws but none of them believed me. They all said " Im not buying a Chinese saw".
It's funny what people think they know.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When people I know that make a living with a chainsaw need a new one they go to the place they buy chainsaws and get one.

I've *b-worded about the rising prices of chainsaws before. But when I take a step back and look at the bigger picture it's nothing in the long run. The jams my dealer has got me out of is worth more than a couple hundred bucks saved and 2 seconds in a cut that doesn't exist in the real world.

A video on YouTube hasn't decided a chainsaw purchase for me. It never will..
I usually just watch the videos for the hilarious responses in the comments section... lol

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed, most firewood guys are buying an ms290 and such. I live in jonsered country, when husky dropped the name for redmax all the loggers switched to dolmar, husky or stihl. I told them that they were the same saws but none of them believed me. They all said " Im not buying a Chinese saw".
It's funny what people think they know.

redmax g9000 is on my list