High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Stihl MS 261 CM - Version 2.0

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have tell before sfg.foley is one of the best fallers , and he proove this every time that he run the saw

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw looks great, and the weight is VG for a saw of that size.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You mean the company that copied the whole idea of a chainsaw from Stihl cause it was war time! I started out with Homelites, never ran them again after I got my 044.

Pretty positive Stihl did not invent the chainsaw, if memory serves it was a company in the Pacific Northwest. Now, Stihl may have built the first "modern" one man chainsaw with the Contra/Lightning but they most certainly were not the first. Stihl has had some innovations over the years, but the Swedes are usually one step ahead on things. Pick up a Jonsereds 70E and run it back to back with a Stihl 045AV and tell me which feels more like a modern saw.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both companies come out with good stuff, and they all steal from each other, just the nature of the beast. And, to be quite honest, it would be hard to go wrong with any brand of modern chainsaw. Most of the preferences are just that, preferences!

I've talked to a few people who would never give up on their 041 AVs if they could find parts or people to work on them. To me they are slow, but I guess they were also very reliable.

I'm kinda amazed that after all this time an 044 still seems like it has state of the art power to wt, and I think the sweat spot for both companies were their 70.7 cc offerings (have a lot of respect for the 372).

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think taking about 1/2 lb off both the 261 and 362 is a big deal, especially if the new saw prove to be just as durable.

1/2 Lb or 200 grams more light dont mean nothing , the most important for a saw is how is fit to your hands , for example you maybe have two saws with the same weight and after 6-8 hours of use with the one feel better than with the other

panteliss

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Both companies come out with good stuff, and they all steal from each other, just the nature of the beast. And, to be quite honest, it would be hard to go wrong with any brand of modern chainsaw. Most of the preferences are just that, preferences!

I've talked to a few people who would never give up on their 041 AVs if they could find parts or people to work on them. To me they are slow, but I guess they were also very reliable.

I'm kinda amazed that after all this time an 044 still seems like it has state of the art power to wt, and I think the sweat spot for both companies were their 70.7 cc offerings (have a lot of respect for the 372).

XP = extra plastic , END OF STORY

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1/2 Lb or 200 grams more light dont mean nothing , the most important for a saw is how is fit to your hands , for example you maybe have two saws with the same weight and after 6-8 hours of use with the one feel better than with the other

Hi,

i agree. Its easier to use a Husqvarna 576 the whole day, because the vibrations are so low, than a Stihl MS 461.

My porting guy did some comparesion bevor porting to the 550xp

lg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So despite all the 550 hoopla, performance is virtually identical. With the new 261 being about 1/2 lb lighter (than the previous version), that makes them very competitive.

Thanks for posting!

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

both are great saws. I had a 550 bevor my first 261. The quality of Husqvarna has unfortunately deteriorated . After less than 2 years , the saw was finished . My 261 ( CM , but Old Version ) I bought after 550 runs after the 2 years is still very good . Especially I had no repairs in the 2 years . In the 550 , there were several broken springs , cables and other small parts.

I am a very big fan of the 560/2 and 550 power. From the workmanship I 'm disappointed

Lg

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also like my 362, and the new lighter version should have a VG power to weight ratio.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also like my 362, and the new lighter version should have a VG power to weight ratio.
I have one of the 2nd gen ones and I do like the saw, but it has no where near the power of a 562/2260. The first tank was almost painful. It is getting better (third tank now) and I opened the muffler outlet a little which helped quite a bit. It feels lighter than a 562 holding it but have not put it on a scale. Physical dimensions are identical to the old 362. I sold both my 562 and 2260 so I don't have either to compare at the moment. This saw is not why I sold them though.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It will not have full power for about 6 tanks of fuel. After that, it should be very close in performance. When new, it has speed, but no torque.

The Ver II saw should be lighter than a 562 and close to a 2260 in weight.