High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Stihl MDG1 Diagnostic Tool

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Do these work with any Stihl tools with a diagnostic port? I’ve been thinking about getting one for my KM91, as I know that has a port on it.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don’t know how to answer that, and I own one. If it’s M-tronic then yes it will work on them. I don’t know if one of their products can have a test port and not be m-tronic .

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Also I’ve heard you have to be a dealer or have been a dealer to buy one. Is that true? If anyone can buy them, what do they retail for?

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone can buy one one and use it. I paid $745 for mine (about that anyway). Sometimes they come up on eBay for less.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone can buy one one and use it. I paid $745 for mine (about that anyway). Sometimes they come up on eBay for less.
Since you have one what exactly does it do?

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was under the impression that you could buy the tool but had to be a dealer to own and use the software. Is that not correct?

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was under the impression that you could buy the tool but had to be a dealer to own and use the software. Is that not correct?
No that is not correct. Anyone can use it. You have to go online to use it and the software is updated each time you do. It does ask if you want to enter your dealer info every time you start it but you just answer no.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No that is not correct. Anyone can use it. You have to go online to use it and the software is updated each time you do. It does ask if you want to enter your dealer info every time you start it but you just answer no.
Are you F*ing kidding me????
Husqvarna really screwed the pooch on this one!!! I bought a husky diagnostic module 2 years ago and it was impossible to use.
Windows would not recognize it without a driver, husqvarna does not provide a driver or software unless you are a dealer.
I even asked my computer buddies to see if there was a hacked version and nope!
Went to my dealer, asked for software and they looked at me like I stole company secrets lol. They ratted me out cause 2 days later i get a call from husky in florida asking for their tool back!!!!
now i read stihl gives you a tool and software, you pay out the nose for it but it can be used if your not a dealer?
*mind blown*

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where’s Head-Redded Pecker-Wood when you need him. Lol!

St_Willy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Let's see some pictures of that.
Sure
eb2ad0c53268f49f3e62909dc4218f68.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

av8or3

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure
eb2ad0c53268f49f3e62909dc4218f68.jpg

Hmmmm....The price you’re asking is almost half of what their asking in North America ???

St_Willy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hmmmm....The price you’re asking is almost half of what their asking in North America ???
Yes I know but they're not really in demand here. Either that or I'm just not looking in the right places for a seller. Might have to go on ebay

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I know but they're not really in demand here. Either that or I'm just not looking in the right places for a seller. Might have to go on ebay

So....a picture from a different angle is not possible?

You show up here as a new member, selling something for half the normal price.

Unless you find a way to convince me that you aren't here trying to scam our members, I'll ban you and move on with my life.

Understand?

St_Willy

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So....a picture from a different angle is not possible?

You show up here as a new member, selling something for half the normal price.

Unless you find a way to convince me that you aren't here trying to scam our members, I'll ban you and move on with my life.

Understand?
Yes I can grab you a picture from a different angle, I'm just in work at the moment but one, two or maybe even 3 will follow.

And your point is? I had something to sell and am trying to find the right target market. I typed in the name of the device on Google and this forum popped up via tapatalk. If I wish to sell it for £300 or even £600 thats up to me. The reason its £300 is my chances of selling are pretty low so best not to price myself out. Understand?

If I was going to scam someone I could think of something better that a diagnostic tool to sell.

If you feel the need to ban me then fine, do so.

Any sale will be made through PayPal with proof of postage. If the buyer requests more protection, I can list on ebay with a buy it now price.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I can grab you a picture from a different angle, I'm just in work at the moment but one, two or maybe even 3 will follow.

And your point is? I had something to sell and am trying to find the right target market. I typed in the name of the device on Google and this forum popped up via tapatalk. If I wish to sell it for £300 or even £600 thats up to me. The reason its £300 is my chances of selling are pretty low so best not to price myself out. Understand?

If I was going to scam someone I could think of something better that a diagnostic tool to sell.

If you feel the need to ban me then fine, do so.

Any sale will be made through PayPal with proof of postage. If the buyer requests more protection, I can list on ebay with a buy it now price.

You evidently don't realize how many people are crooks in the world these days. My job here is to protect our members. Waiting for more pictures....