High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Stihl 200T - what is the best carb for it?

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is supposed to be locating the original carb. The impulse line is hooked up. It runs. It does not tune properly. I can turn the "L" all the way in and the saw seems to run better. That can't be right... It may have a problem in the metering of the carb, but I didn't want to tear the carb apart not knowing if I could get a kit for it. As it sits, it is usable, just not "right" - I don't like handing over a saw to someone that is not "right"
Lets see if we can get the original up and going before you buy new.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are some China 200t carbs that may or may not be any good. Out of one of the batches I got from farmertec I did have a handful (8 out of 200 now) that simply would not tune properly.
The newer Zamia direct batch is better so far (knock on wood) but they are all the 020t version without the accelerator pump to the best of my knowledge. Lone wolf knows some stuffs about these carbs for sure
Dave

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are some China 200t carbs that may or may not be any good. Out of one of the batches I got from farmertec I did have a handful (8 out of 200 now) that simply would not tune properly.
The newer Zamia direct batch is better so far (knock on wood) but they are all the 020t version without the accelerator pump to the best of my knowledge. Lone wolf knows some stuffs about these carbs for sure
Dave
If you have these newer ones they are worth a try.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There were about 5-10 carbs used on the ms200 series, one of them had no accellerator pump. My experience is that generally new carbs (even from china) work out of the box. I am sure their has been exceptions but could this tuning problem be related to leaking air from a poor crank seal installation? I know the ms200 has some specific seal puller tools and maybe the 'other guy' made do with whatever. I'd be pressure/vac testing that 200t, but that's just my silly guess. The white wolf pricked his ears, gave the wind a sniff and headed for the chainsaw section in ope.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a pic of the installed carb. There is no name brand on it anywhere.View attachment 11462
Up to you if you can get the stock one I can try to fix it, you could try a China carb from Dave or go the new route. To answer your question stock is the best and they all fail sooner or later anyway.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There were about 5-10 carbs used on the ms200 series, one of them had no accellerator pump. My experience is that generally new carbs (even from china) work out of the box. I am sure their has been exceptions but could this tuning problem be related to leaking air from a poor crank seal installation? I know the ms200 has some specific seal puller tools and maybe the 'other guy' made do with whatever. I'd be pressure/vac testing that 200t, but that's just my silly guess. The white wolf pricked his ears, gave the wind a sniff and headed for the chainsaw section in ope.
He did test the engine for leaks already .

"I was brought a 200T that "just don't run right." I ripped it apart and did a pressure/vac test. It passed. I took a look inside the tank and saw the fuel line was cracked just below where it connects to the tank. Installed new fuel line and put saw together. Fire it up, and all is well. Take it out for a field test and to tune it. China carb, so no "stops" on carb. Start at 1 and 1. Keep messing with it and it will never tune properly. It actually seems to run best with the "L" turned all the way closed! I am assuming this carb is junk... What should I look to replace it with? Thanks!"

Last edited:

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I will see what happens when he brings the original carb. Maybe it is an 020T carb wih any luck. This one is supposed to have been gone through by the other guy. The other guy is a retired Stihl mechanic who was once the go to guy in the area from what I have been told. Unfortunately, he likes to hit the bottle a little too hard now. If you can get him to work, he does great work (normally), but don't be in a hurry because he might not sober up long enough to work on it this month.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I will see what happens when he brings the original carb. Maybe it is an 020T carb wih any luck. This one is supposed to have been gone through by the other guy. The other guy is a retired Stihl mechanic who was once the go to guy in the area from what I have been told. Unfortunately, he likes to hit the bottle a little too hard now. If you can get him to work, he does great work (normally), but don't be in a hurry because he might not sober up long enough to work on it this month.
Some 020 T carbs were Walbro WT326 c I doubt that would be it . I think it is a Zama C1Q126a

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will say the new oem carb is a little snappier than the aftermarket carbs, the accelerator pump helps.
And please don't assume that because you buy a part from me (especially something like a carb) that it is perfect. I wish that were so, but I don't build them, I just try to get Good stuff at decent prices. If it seems like a crappy carb, LET ME KNOW...please

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a pic of the installed carb. There is no name brand on it anywhere.View attachment 11462
I just noticed that the intellicab port is not hooked up to anything! You have the boot off or did it come like that? That's gonna suck dirt! If you want to run that it you just need a couple things.