Stihl 2 in 1 Sharpening tool.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What the h*ll happened here!? Lol, Middle school girl drama out of a grown man!?

MS261CM

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the upside this thread informed me that the Pferd tool exists and color aside is the same as the Stihl. I picked up the Stihl tool with my saw as I tend to file too much hook freehand. It worked well for me so I picked up a Pferd 3/8 LP tool for the pole saw and little 20V DeWalt.

Thanks guys!

On the same order I added a Pferd 3/8 tool for my brother in law. Turns out he had 3/8 LP.
Back to plan B. Another buddy can use the standard 3/8.

My saw is running 18" .325 Oregon speed cut FWIW. Nothing pro whatsoever about me. I happened across this after a big rain/wind storm a month ago and just recently started ice storm cleanup while contractors repair punched roofs.

Anyway - Hello to the forum!

jetsam

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use the 2n1 in the woods too (I have an orange .325 and a blue 3/8 one, couldn't find the little one in blue back then).

My favorite part of these tools is that they introduced me to Pferd files, which I am now a big fan of. Dunno about the flat ones- the ones that came in my 2n1s almost never taste raker because they are set too high unless the chain is brand new- but the round ones are real nice. Good bite and they last a long time.

Unless you know exactly how a chain should look and cut, and know how to correct errors, don't make it your only way to sharpen. A hand filing jig like a Granberg or a bench grinder can help you get back to the right angles after the chain starts to drift. (Don't feel bad if your angles and tooth sizes drift, it took me 30 years to admit that I suck at hand filing! ;) )

Last edited:

firewoodhuntingman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have seen these 2in1 sharpeners but had not ever seen them in use, i mostly do hand filing with a round file when i return from the woods.

But if i can do a quick sharping with this 2in1 while in woods i would invest in it.

I notice a lot of the original posting has been removed is there a trademark violation of forum rules, or was there just mis-information posted and then removed?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have seen these 2in1 sharpeners but had not ever seen them in use, i mostly do hand filing with a round file when i return from the woods.

But if i can do a quick sharping with this 2in1 while in woods i would invest in it.

I notice a lot of the original posting has been removed is there a trademark violation of forum rules, or was there just mis-information posted and then removed?

No the guy got salty and threw a fit.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The OP started the thread i just don't get what made him remove it and quit, seems everyone was in agreement the 2&1 does a good job.
When it was suggested that the Pferd was the same product with blue dye instead of orange he pretty much became a Stihl elitist. It was only mentioned because it was away for some members to save a few bucks buying the blue one. When he sarcastically offered to start up a go fund me for the folks so they could afford the real thing, people got a little bit pissed off