Stihl 2 in 1 Sharpening tool.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure either I was just throwing that model out there.

You're going to love it. Some say it sharpens a little on the aggressive side. But that doesn't bother me any. I could see where it could be a problem on 36" plus bars.

I don’t have one, Not yet anyway. Just the pic he sent me. Then he said it was flimsy and it is the .325.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t have one, Not yet anyway. Just the pic he sent me. Then he said it was flimsy and it is the .325.

If he means the file deflecting when pushing it towards the tooth I have seen it my self when trying to file quickly and pushing the whole thing towards the tooth.

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not seen this Pferd sharpner but i notice it just has two or maybe just one can't really tell from photo metal cross bars where the Stihl sharpner has four.
But i don't see where just pushing on the Pfred sharpner, when using it would cause it to flex unless you were pushing down extra hard.View attachment 280215

Here's the Pferd version of what you have.

IMG_20210129_091255962.jpg

JRHAWK9

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see it the other way. I feel it's not aggressive enough. I like my rakers at 0.030"....while these keep them at 0.025" (0.030" on the .404 pitch model), according to the specs anyway.

Although I also take a brand new out of box chain and touch it up with both round and flat files before I even start to cut with it.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pferd and Sthil worked togather on the 2 in 1 sharpner i am sure both have the same high quality of build, and the same high quality files.
They are actually the exact same item, both made by Pferd. Same files. Pferd sends the orange models to Stihl and sells the blue model under their own name.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see it the other way. I feel it's not aggressive enough. I like my rakers at 0.030"....while these keep them at 0.025" (0.030" on the .404 pitch model), according to the specs anyway.

Although I also take a brand new out of box chain and touch it up with both round and flat files before I even start to cut with it.

I'm just repeating what's been discussed in the other thread we have about these.

Personally they make any chain I'm using got from making dust to chips in no time at all.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They seem reasonable for filing a cutter of 3/4 to 1/4 of life left.
No way to make a progressive depth cut on a fixed jig.
I've handed them to several groundies who thought they could free hand file. One ordered two then moved up and on. The other two went back to butchering chains and then quit, like usual.
Your willing to learn or give up seems like the normal now days.

They work just fine imo. Good tool for learning or slacking a bit.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just who were you trying to explain something to on the other board?
He explained in your thread over there that they were made by Pferd for Stihl and you wanted no part of it, insinuating that Stihl made their own and Pferd was obviously a copycat or knock-off. And that Stihl had to be better because it said Stihl on it.