ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
12:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s a video of the new big steam locomotive there building in the U.K.
Called the 2007 prince of wales P2 Class

the 1st train fly8ng down the track is the tornado which was built around 5 years ago

Tbrown

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Screenshot_20210807-134153_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20210807-221406_Yahoo Mail.jpg Screenshot_20210807-221602_Yahoo Mail.jpgFirst picture is my grandpa on my great Grandpas steam engine on the sawmill. Sawmill is still on the farm, needs to be moved and reset. Second picture is an article from approx 1968. Just met a guy last week at a show who had the article and knows the guy who now owns my great Grandpas steam engine. Was talking to him about an engine that my dad's engine club had acquired. I was recruited to help get it up to running condition and operate it. It is the same Minneapolis 20hp but two years newer than my my great Grandpas. So either tomorrow I should see Grandpas engine at a local show, or next weekend it should be at the Baraboo WI show. Dad didn't know where the engine was until last weekend. He is looking forward to seeing it again. I am too

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 305490 View attachment 305491 View attachment 305492First picture is my grandpa on my great Grandpas steam engine on the sawmill. Sawmill is still on the farm, needs to be moved and reset. Second picture is an article from approx 1968. Just met a guy last week at a show who had the article and knows the guy who now owns my great Grandpas steam engine. Was talking to him about an engine that my dad's engine club had acquired. I was recruited to help get it up to running condition and operate it. It is the same Minneapolis 20hp but two years newer than my my great Grandpas. So either tomorrow I should see Grandpas engine at a local show, or next weekend it should be at the Baraboo WI show. Dad didn't know where the engine was until last weekend. He is looking forward to seeing it again. I am too

That is awesome!

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 305490 View attachment 305491 View attachment 305492First picture is my grandpa on my great Grandpas steam engine on the sawmill. Sawmill is still on the farm, needs to be moved and reset. Second picture is an article from approx 1968. Just met a guy last week at a show who had the article and knows the guy who now owns my great Grandpas steam engine. Was talking to him about an engine that my dad's engine club had acquired. I was recruited to help get it up to running condition and operate it. It is the same Minneapolis 20hp but two years newer than my my great Grandpas. So either tomorrow I should see Grandpas engine at a local show, or next weekend it should be at the Baraboo WI show. Dad didn't know where the engine was until last weekend. He is looking forward to seeing it again. I am too

That's a very cool article. I'm from Sparta where I still reside. I've been to a few antique engine shows and I have relation that used to own and run these many years ago in the antique engine club. I was too young to remember what models they were but the thunderous beat of a steam engine is not forgettable. Neat to see this pop up on OPE.

Tbrown

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a very cool article. I'm from Sparta where I still reside. I've been to a few antique engine shows and I have relation that used to own and run these many years ago in the antique engine club. I was too young to remember what models they were but the thunderous beat of a steam engine is not forgettable. Neat to see this pop up on OPE.
I'm from Cashton. Saturday I talked to the guy who owned after the guy in the newspaper clipping. He sold it to the current owner. It will be in Baraboo this weekend, going to see him Saturday. The current owner is restoring a steam locomotive currently.