High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Something followed me home today

RParrotte85

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So I was at my Husqvarna dealer yesterday picking up some parts. We got talking about my 346 and he said he had one in the back he was going to sell. So then I asked what else he had. We went out back and he had 2) T338's, 455, 346, 372 and a 394. I got prices on all but the 455. That 394 ran through my head all night last night. Well it followed me home today after work! I pulled the muffler and checked compression while I was therepiston is spotless and compression was at 160 before I got tired of pulling on it.image.jpeg

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You stated you got tired of pulling on it, does that mean it's a non-runner when you bought it?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He got tired of pulling for the compression test so likely the compression is higher than 160

To the op.

If you need any help with rebuilding or assembly please check out my YouTube channel I have lots of videos on the 394 that is a very nice score for sure really nice saw

RParrotte85

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You stated you got tired of pulling on it, does that mean it's a non-runner when you bought it?
It had a compression tester on it. It was still climbing at 160. By then I was tired of pulling on it. I wanted to get home and try that pig out!

RParrotte85

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He got tired of pulling for the compression test so likely the compression is higher than 160

To the op.

If you need any help with rebuilding or assembly please check out my YouTube channel I have lots of videos on the 394 that is a very nice score for sure really nice saw
Thanks a bunch. But no rebuilding required on this one. She runs real well and it is pretty clean for being owned by a tree service.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
if you need new seals they are easy fyi.... 394 automatically is an older saw, so some new rubber wouldn't hurt.

i'm really excited to have mine... love it

RParrotte85

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was outside with it yesterday after I got home and a logger buddy of mine pulled in. We had a couple beers and the he tried selling me his 562 he bought in April. I said my stepdaddy had mentioned getting a second one. So I took a couple pics and sent them to him. Well before he could respond, which was an hour and a half later. My buddy says to me, do you want to trade me that 385 back for it. Mind you I got the 385 from him running but in very rough shape. I put a bunch of new parts on it. Figuring since I had just got the 394, I didn't really need the 385, which still needs a new fuel tank. So I agreed. I put probably $200 into the 385 and ended up trading it back to him for a 4 month old 562. Hell of a day for saw trading yesterday!image.jpegimage.jpeg