stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to use DeWalt 14.4 and 18 volt. I then tried Milwaukee 18 volt and thought it was much better. Well a few years ago the factory I was doing weld inspection in used 20 volt DeWalt. They used impacts to do jobs they were never designed to do. I could not believe the abuse those things took. I assumed they were replacing them often but it turns out they were not.

I had a 18 volt DeWalt impact and wanted to get a higher torque one. At the time the best was a Milwaukee 18 volt but it was 3/4 drive. I dropped the coin on it but I was not a fan of 3/4. Well later they came out with a 1/2 drive that had the same or higher torque. I bought too early
I bought 2 14.4 volt Dewalt drills and 2 Dewalt 1/4" impacts in 1999. They are still going strong. I like the balance of them. The new ones may be lighter but I don't want lithium batteries around. The cost of the batteries is stupid too.
It would seem the only times the corded Milwaukee drill gets used anymore, is for mixing paint or mud.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2 more projects. At least these are runners :p

Update.
The newer one fired right up and runs great. Not a project at all. The early model won't start so am troubleshooting. It, however, has been ported. No name on the cyl so done by someone like me :p
He opened up the intake, exhaust and transfers but forgot to port match the muffler. Lol
Got spark, got fuel...too much, actually so will rebuild the carb and pressure test.
No ring hang ups but the starter acts a bit funky so will rebuild that. Timing was not advanced, FW is fine.
1000004668.jpg1000004667.jpg

Last edited:

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fleshing out my first set of climbing gear. Made the last orders last week. Kind of splurging with this and another order. Getting a ton of hanks of different ropes on hand.

Didn't want to use my good 150' climb line until I got the hang of ascending/descending at low heights with significantly cheaper short lengths of rope to practice on.

In this box are two or three climb lines, some small rigging lines, and some Tenex for getting creative. I'm also wanting to get a feel for different ropes and their individual attributes.

I'm hoping to be up in a tree by the end of the month, if all goes well!

Attachments

• 20240709_173307.jpg
    20240709_173307.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 8

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
8:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_7112.jpeg

28” Cannon Duralite. Cannon started offering the Duralite in .050 gauge, and I needed another 28” bar to put in the rotation, so I decided to try one out.

It’s going on my MS 460 and I bet it’ll be nice. From what I’ve read these are the stiffest light bar available and I guess I’ll have to see.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 425514

28” Cannon Duralite. Cannon started offering the Duralite in .050 gauge, and I needed another 28” bar to put in the rotation, so I decided to try one out.

It’s going on my MS 460 and I bet it’ll be nice. From what I’ve read these are the stiffest light bar available and I guess I’ll have to see.
Price?

damifino

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 425514

Very nice bar, but what I'm most impressed with is how clean and uncluttered your desk looks. Wish my desk looked like that. 👍

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought 2 14.4 volt Dewalt drills and 2 Dewalt 1/4" impacts in 1999. They are still going strong. I like the balance of them. The new ones may be lighter but I don't want lithium batteries around. The cost of the batteries is stupid too.
It would seem the only times the corded Milwaukee drill gets used anymore, is for mixing paint or mud.
Back in the 1970's Dad bought a couple Skil cordless drills. They were complete junk. Hever worked at all1720653024906.png

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then one night back around 1990 or so he comes home with a DeWalt 12 volt. It was teh old style with teh long battery. Now that thing actually worked, and worked well. I took charges, held charges and had a nice steel case.

1720653357813.png

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In 1997 I decided I would drop the coin on a decent cordless drill. We had Lowes, Menards, Farm and Fleet, Fram King, and Fleetway here then. They all sold Dewalt but Menards no longer does. Well Lowes would match anyone's prices then take 10% off. Menards would match and take 11% off and they ran all types of screwy mail in rebate deals also. I am looking at the Sunday sale ads and I see Menards has a DeWalt 14.4 volt drill and small circular saw combo on sale for $299.99 minus a $30 mail in rebate. The ad read $269.99 but the fine print said "after rebate". Well I thought it was worth a shot taking the ad to Lowes for a price match plus 10% off. I do not know what the price at Lowes was but it was higher, probably $340 or so. The clerk looked at the ad, she saw $269.99 then took $27.00 off bringing the price down to $242.99. Add the 6% communist tax on and my wife and I walked out the door with the combo for $257.57. I used that drill and saw for years on many rental houses. The drill worked fine until one night I got sidetracked on an issue and it sat outside. It poured that night and that was all she wrote. Had that not happened I bet I would still be using it today 27 years later.

I still have the saw

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In 1997 I decided I would drop the coin on a decent cordless drill. We had Lowes, Menards, Farm and Fleet, Fram King, and Fleetway here then. They all sold Dewalt but Menards no longer does. Well Lowes would match anyone's prices then take 10% off. Menards would match and take 11% off and they ran all types of screwy mail in rebate deals also. I am looking at the Sunday sale ads and I see Menards has a DeWalt 14.4 volt drill and small circular saw combo on sale for $299.99 minus a $30 mail in rebate. The ad read $269.99 but the fine print said "after rebate". Well I thought it was worth a shot taking the ad to Lowes for a price match plus 10% off. I do not know what the price at Lowes was but it was higher, probably $340 or so. The clerk looked at the ad, she saw $269.99 then took $27.00 off bringing the price down to $242.99. Add the 6% communist tax on and my wife and I walked out the door with the combo for $257.57. I used that drill and saw for years on many rental houses. The drill worked fine until one night I got sidetracked on an issue and it sat outside. It poured that night and that was all she wrote. Had that not happened I bet I would still be using it today 27 years later.

I still have the saw
my 14 volt dewalt still runs the batteries are shot now but it still runs.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today I bought a new front left hub assembly for my Silverado 2500 and a gallon of stain for my trailer’s new wooden floor and sides. That was my first pay check from work.
im very lucky that i have done business with the parts store long enough that they give which ever shop is buying the most parts at the time rate. hubs arent cheap. i have done both sides twice and a third on the passenger side. i am expecting to do the other side soon.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not know they made Dolmar branded chargers.
Basically most battery powered Makita OPE was available with the Dolmar brand slapped on it, at least here in Europe.
So yes, there are Dolmar branded batteries, chargers & equipment "made" by Makita (as if they actually make anything anymore!).

I own a Dolmar branded weedeater that runs on Makita's discontinued (read abandoned!) 36 Volt battery system.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Basically most battery powered Makita OPE was available with the Dolmar brand slapped on it, at least here in Europe.
So yes, there are Dolmar branded batteries, chargers & equipment "made" by Makita (as if they actually make anything anymore!).

I own a Dolmar branded weedeater that runs on Makita's discontinued (read abandoned!) 36 Volt battery system.
Ok good to know. I'm in the U.S and have never seen or heard of dolmar branded electric stuff before.