Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have a clue what your getting at, and I'm not sure you do either. Have a good evening, and enjoy your boat anchors. I'm out.
I know exactly what I am getting at and most reading this do also. There is basically no such thing as a piece of equipment designed, manufactured, and built in the USA with USA designed, manufactured and constructed components today let alone in this century as you mentioned. I would love for you to show me a piece of equipment that was.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to the jerks over in the chinese chainsaw discussion thread bringing the neotec bars and coupon offers to my attention, one of these....LOL cant pass up a 25" light bar with a 50% off coupon...

Screenshot_20240508_204507_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
don't take the bait
There is no bait to be had. I find folks that call call equipment designed, manufactured, and built in the USA with materials designed, manufactured, and built in the America "OLD JUNK" to be very uninformed. I feel they need to open their eyes to the quality of what they call "old junk". I have no idea if anyone can name a piece of equipment that was designed, manufactured, and built in America with materials designed, manufactured, and built in America this century. There is a reason the "old junk" still has appeal.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those old saws are cool but I’m not about to go out and work with one all day.
I will not either. That is why I have modern foreign saws but for a person to call American made stuff "old junk" is quite odd.

I love my Homelites but to use one of these all day would not be a choice I would make...........

1715235974281.jpeg

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will not either. That is why I have modern foreign saws but for a person to call American made stuff "old junk" is quite odd.

I love my Homelites but to use one of these all day would not be a choice I would make...........

View attachment 419014
Scrap pile. I'll give you $3.00

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently it's a free country 😉 can't you have your own views? One younger than the other 😎

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apparently it's a free country 😉 can't you have your own views? One younger than the other 😎
Of course it is, hell for most of us it is a free world. I just appreciate American equipment. I challenge anyone to tell Swen Johnson he was running "old junk" at the World Lumberjack Championship in 1972 when he was on ABC's Wide World of Sports.

1715256667539.png

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of course it is, hell for most of us it is a free world. I just appreciate American equipment. I challenge anyone to tell Swen Johnson he was running "old junk" at the World Lumberjack Championship in 1972 when he was on ABC's Wide World of Sports.

View attachment 419028
Not for nothing, but that was 50 yrs ago.... that saw he ran in the 70s would probably be on par with an off the shelf saw of similar displacement in any of todays brands....

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its not about where its made. Of course all the old American made iron is awesome stuff…….if it still functions. I’m not a collector so if its rusted, locked up, not running, needs parts, etc to me its scrap.

I guess “junk” isn’t the word to use as because the quality compared to todays saw doesn’t compare apples to apples. So scrap is the word i used.

Make more sense?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not for nothing, but that was 50 yrs ago.... that saw he ran in the 70s would probably be on par with an off the shelf saw of similar displacement in any of todays brands....
The saw he ran was significantly larger stock than any off the shelf saw today. Of course his was far from stock. The quality of build is evident in the fact that the engines are still being built today. Of course no saw manufacturer puts them on a saw though......damn EPA

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to the jerks over in the chinese chainsaw discussion thread bringing the neotec bars and coupon offers to my attention, one of these....LOL cant pass up a 25" light bar with a 50% off coupon...

View attachment 418993
Welcome to the site. I graduated RIT in 74. I see a lot has changed since then!

Back then, they had a shooting team, and a football team (ironically Tom Caughlin was the coach).

I was on Coach Fuller's Wrestling team.

morewood

Mr. Awesome
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow, gone for a day or two and bunches of hurt feelings and flexing of cryceps. I'm glad Bill likes his old saws, everybody has their thing. The constant of everything in totality having to be dreamed up, drawn up, the ore dug and refined up, parts and pieces machined or cast up, and finally it being assembled up in this country is a bit much. Many things in many places are made at a very high quality. The only thing I got out of the last page or two was that @MustangMike wrestled in college. My son is finishing up his high school career this weekend at the National beach wrestling championships at Carolina Beach. Would be cool to go out having won his bracket two years in a row.

Mr Awesome

PS-Some tools have a end date, and that end date is decided by their level of usefulness being surpassed by the next generation. Saws generally fall in that group.