Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello all. I have questions. I have old husqy 3120 and old carb without H hole like in 1st post this thread. I can modified this carb and added H jet or need like 1st post?
Yes. Same process. You just have to accurately drill the pilot hole.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello all. I have questions. I have old husqy 3120 and old carb without H hole like in 1st post this thread. I can modified this carb and added H jet or need like 1st post?
It can be done but I don’t recommend it with that particular carb. Yours is the early one with the threaded main nozzle

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Basically, you have a precision hole in the aux jet, say 1.2mm, from the fuel bowl down to the screen at the bottom of those threads. You can’t add an additional 1.2mm worth of fuel from your new H jet mid stream of the original 1.2mm jet and expect it to flow more fuel

Racer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Basically, you have a precision hole in the aux jet, say 1.2mm, from the fuel bowl down to the screen at the bottom of those threads. You can’t add an additional 1.2mm worth of fuel from your new H jet mid stream of the original 1.2mm jet and expect it to flow more fuel
It turns out that this carburetor does not make sense to modernize? Better take new wg-8 (or?) and make modding?

huskihl

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It turns out that this carburetor does not make sense to modernize? Better take new wg-8 (or?) and make modding?
It’s not that you can’t do it, but I can’t explain well enough how to do it. I have done it once successfully but you’re taking a chance on ruining an early carburetor that isn’t made anymore.

I would recommend buying a new replacement carburetor and modifying that one. It will be straightforward with the info provided in the beginning of the thread

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s not that you can’t do it, but I can’t explain well enough how to do it. I have done it once successfully but you’re taking a chance on ruining an early carburetor that isn’t made anymore.

I would recommend buying a new replacement carburetor and modifying that one. It will be straightforward with the info provided in the beginning of the thread
Unless it's a primer bulb carb, it has the same nozzle. I think I can see a choke shaft.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys mind if I mention that the screwdriver tip needs regrinding or replacing?
That slot in the jet is pretty roughed up from it.
Just a bit more twisting and the burr could be left dangling.
Wouldn't be much fun if it found its way into the metering lever area.