Show Me Your Air Box Mods

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure what I'll do yet. The saw sees a lot of firewood work so I might leave the cover stock and just run it with the open filter at GTGs and playing in cants. A bigger carb would probly be more helpful then any air box mods.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure what I'll do yet. The saw sees a lot of firewood work so I might leave the cover stock and just run it with the open filter at GTGs and playing in cants. A bigger carb would probly be more helpful then any air box mods.

Are you seeing chips and stuff pack up around the filter with the cover on now?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doesn’t the 590 have forced air injection? Deleting the cover just defeats the purpose of it.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You would have had to do some before and after cuts using same bar and chain.
Any vids of it cutting?
Looks good.

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Erik Markussen that's a beaut, I wish I'd jumped on the chance I'd had (can't remember for sure if it was a 26 or 29...unsure if 29's are even a thing lol...but woulda had to clean a huge 2-car garage to trade-for it and wasn't worth it :p )

You would have had to do some before and after cuts using same bar and chain.
Any vids of it cutting?
Looks good.
SOoooo much ^ THIS ^ !!!!
The lack of quantification drives me nuts, *I* feel that I'm behind on not quantifying and that's for my own frickin' purposes, w/ the guys who are doing port-work, or having saws sent-to them, the lack of quantifications blows my mind I mean a saw 'sounding/feeling' better is a nonsensical way to "analyze" this I mean in many instances mods may only be 5% or 10%, and sometimes mods are only gonna help in the specific instance where your saw otherwise-would-have bogged-down in a cut but now it can power-on-through for another 5% before bogging, these are great but hard to quantify....but simple "before/after" of racing-through wood is a fine-enough yardstick, there's zero need for dyno's as there's no more-relevant a test than how quickly it can cut wood, of course it should go w/o saying that all testing should have a 'Constant' of consistent bar/chain attachments to the powerhead(s) involved otherwise the test is pointless since just going from a bad, improper chain to a new, pro chain yields "mod-level" power increases (more-than, in most cases!!)

I did see a cool vid where a kid did actually do this the right way, wasn't a modification vid it was an out-the-box vid, used:
- same log, taking 3 cuts with each saw (w/ fresh chain / same bar length), averaging the 3 cuts,
- video'd this with a 540xp, 201t, and a 355t, then
- just stop-watched his video's
So damn simple (oh and echo FTW there btw :D ) to do, I wish I'd done benchmarks of my saws before modding them :(